492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lookin for input! how many of you double pump guys are runnging x blocks
advantages ? disadvantages ?

thanks

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
good question. i bought one from prohopper but the pumps are'nt in the truck yet, they're sittin on fireplace....they're kinda like living room decoration right now, my girlfriend likes em there. :dunno:

im guess yer gonna get better flow that with a bunch for T-fittings

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by impalabuilder.com@Aug 19 2005, 10:12 AM~3656634
I don't use an X block.. I have my pumps plumbed together with fittings.. in an 'H' formation

do you get an even hop at lift off ?? or is it all cockeyed ??

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
before the X block everybody did the H. theres nothing wrong with it, but if yer startin from scratch, try the X block...another good thing....its cheap too! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by 357IN602@Aug 19 2005, 10:38 AM~3656792
prohopper says you'll get better flow with the X block than with the H formation.
Fuck the "X" Block. True it gives better flow & thats what I used to use, but you still have the dump/s there in place.
REDS Manifold is better. It moves the dump to the outside, creating even better flow & balancing. I'd recommend them to anyone whose got doubles to the nose.

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
I got every size X-block that you would need hit me up if you need one. ;)

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Aug 19 2005, 02:00 PM~3658072
Fuck the "X" Block. True it gives better flow & thats what I used to use, but you still have the dump/s there in place.
REDS Manifold is better. It moves the dump to the outside, creating even better flow & balancing. I'd recommend them to anyone whose got doubles to the nose.

huh :dunno: whaddya mean.."dumps in place"?

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by 357IN602@Aug 19 2005, 03:51 PM~3658447
huh :dunno:   whaddya mean.."dumps in place"?
I mean, dumps "in line", I see the X block you're referring to. I'm referring to the older X blocks. The one you're talking about has a port on top that you could plumb the dump to. Kinda simular to the manifold I'm talking about.
Its been so long since I used an X block...I only use REDS now & the manifold is what I use.
Heres a pic...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
how is that any different than the X block. the dump exit is on the side instead of the top...so what?

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Aug 19 2005, 03:22 PM~3658634
I mean, dumps "in line", I see the X block you're referring to. I'm referring to the older X blocks. The one you're talking about has a port on top that you could plumb the dump to. Kinda simular to the manifold I'm talking about.
Its been so long since I used an X block...I only use REDS now & the manifold is what I use.
Heres a pic...

cool...i know what ya mean...there was "an older version" at some point in time. i got the new one with the exit on top... cool bro

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Aug 19 2005, 03:27 PM~3658648
Like I said, its simular to the manifold I'm talking about, I was thinking of an older X where the dumps were in line. Read slower.......

yeah...i say the pic and didnt read....my bad

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
:uh: Yeah. After I posted that I checked out the ProHopper web-site to see the block you were talking about. Theres a port on top that A dump can be plumbed to. The old ones didn't have that. Then again, that was many moons ago.
So, that X block (I don't know if all of them now) are made like that, is very simular to the manifold from REDS.
I learned something today............... :twak:

·
Registered
768 Posts
by using X or H block you aliminate alot of fittings and the flow of the fluid is alot closer to each other, equilizing the presure to each cyl.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts