LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well hey u know me right goldspoke well me and the dreday on this site was talking about juicing an accord well he said he did an Prelude last year so i was telling him what/how i planned on doing the accord well he saying mine idea can't worth he said if i used standard cylinder its gonna hit the hood and all this crap you will see after i post how excatly i told him how i was gonna do it..........

This is for the front only on a accorrd'

I told him i was gonna get 8in standard cylinder skinnies, told him the cylinder shaft i'll take a minicup and bolt the cylinder shaft into the minicup and then slide the cylinder/minicup into the wishbone and then tighten the clamp, then there the bottom is set, then i take a pipe spacer cut it to the right size so that the car lay low but don;t hit the hood because ya know the lower the pipe spacer is from under the top of the cylinder the lower the car sit but the more the cylinder goes thru the strut tower and hit the hood and rear fenders......... Then when the pipe spacer is cut to the right size i slap on the donut so that the pipe spacer don't go pass the donut..... The donut is there for a safety reason to stop the pipe spacer from pushing up any futher to hit the hood.......... Before i do anythig i'll have the customize strut plate bolted to the strut tower before attempting to mount the cylinder

He keeps denying its not gonna works let hear what you got to say DREDAY!!!!!!!!

Let bet man if he said it works i get a free pump he scared because a 15 year old kid is gonna bet him to his knowledge he denied all this on yahoo last next here is proof

mr_glossy: so, what about the Prelude?
juicedin2years: man did u use a spring compressor to compress the spring so when u undo the 3 bolts at the strut tower and one under the wishbone so u don't get hurt or so the spring don't go flying out and shit or what?
juicedin2years: that what i'm worried about
juicedin2years: but the springs on a 86-89 accord is small
mr_glossy: Hell yeah, its a must
mr_glossy: those springs are under a lot of pressure even when it don't look like it
mr_glossy: they'll really hurt you
juicedin2years: wat this other guy that lower 50 hondas said that there wasn't no pressure
juicedin2years: i think ur confusing i mean i'm trying to remove the strut and spring while its in the car not trying to remove the strut itself man
juicedin2years: confused*
mr_glossy: oh
mr_glossy: like I said, It helps to see this stuff
mr_glossy: Gradually undo each of the three nuts at the top of the tower
juicedin2years: ok
mr_glossy: a little on each one at a time til u get all three off
juicedin2years: but wouldn't that go make the spring go crazy or what?
mr_glossy: it should just drop down if you've already unhooked the spindles
juicedin2years: wat should drop down?
juicedin2years: spindles what the fuck will i be playing with that for
mr_glossy: No b/c your releasing the pressure as you undo the nuts at the top
mr_glossy: B/c you've gotta take the entire strut & housing out to rebuild the strut
juicedin2years: should i undo the bolt that under the wishbone first??
mr_glossy: oh man...I really need to see it b/c I can't remember. I did that Prelude install a year ago. When I do an install, I do it right & I haven't seen it except for fluid changes...
mr_glossy: The Maximas do have the wish bone thing like hondas
mr_glossy: Prohopper make a bolt in kit already built
juicedin2years: i'll be taking the entire strut expect for the wishbone man, let me tell u what i'm gonna do......
mr_glossy: all you do is unbolt what you've got & bolt this one in...easy
juicedin2years: but i heard it don't lay u low enuff
mr_glossy: It'll be the best route, especailly if you have got a lot of experience in installs b/c that strut rebuilb is gonna be a bitch
mr_glossy: I believe its adjustable, you'd have to ask ProHopper
juicedin2years: wat do u mean u gotta rebuilt the strut i don't understand, i thought all i did was put a minicup in the shaft bolt it to the minicup, then put pipe spacer on the cylinder then a donut then bolt it to the strut plate and i'm done so wtf is this rebuliding the struts?
mr_glossy: More or less what you just described...
juicedin2years: wat does that mean
mr_glossy: that piece of pipe is gonna be your bitch
juicedin2years: why?
mr_glossy: just b/c you have a cylinder & a piece of pipe doesn't mean its gonna fit or that it's gonna fill up the strut housing
mr_glossy: that whole thing has to tight
juicedin2years: how can a skinny cylinder take up the whole strut hosuing
mr_glossy: how you get it all tight is gonna have to come from experiment
mr_glossy: you don't need skinny's
mr_glossy: you need rev. flows
juicedin2years: just to let u know the pipe slide on the cylinder and sit on the collar then i cut it the right size so it can sit low and not hit the strut tower and then add a donut to keep it from hititng the hood
juicedin2years: no i'm not going with that gay rev flow no thanks to me
mr_glossy: If you use standard cylinders, you'll have hoses hanging from under your car
mr_glossy: thats tacky
mr_glossy: You said,"add a donut to keep it from hititng the hood", you don't need a doughnut, you need a cup
juicedin2years: wtf u mean i'll have hoses hagning from the strut tower
juicedin2years: not the fitting is at the top so the hoses will be in the engine compartments
mr_glossy: B/c the hose comes out of the top of the cylinder, you have to turn the cylinder upside down
juicedin2years: no i don't
juicedin2years: i'm not gonna turn the cylinder up side down
mr_glossy: juicedin2years: not the fitting is at the top so the hoses will be in the engine compartments
mr_glossy: can't do it that way
mr_glossy: did someone tell you that?
mr_glossy: or is that just your plan?
juicedin2years: what u must be kidding,
mr_glossy: No, I'm serious....
juicedin2years: i have 4 people in az that showed me the setup that told me to do it that way and it worked
juicedin2years: 3 people on layitlow also told me to do that
juicedin2years: man ur in another planet
mr_glossy: the reason I asked is b/c I used to think that as well...
juicedin2years: u have the rev flow cylinder ideas stuck to ur head
juicedin2years: wait 4 ppl on layitlow
mr_glossy: okay, I'm fixing to send you another document.....
juicedin2years: no man the way i have it planned is the way its gonna work man i gotta go
juicedin2years: u wanna send anything send it to [email protected]
juicedin2years: alrite later
mr_glossy: okay, but I'm telling you ........
juicedin2years: tell me why won't it work in total 12 ppl has done the same shit and what happen it worked
mr_glossy: B/c whats it gonna brace against???
juicedin2years: brace?
juicedin2years: wtf is that
mr_glossy: the cylinder can't go through the top of the strut housing b/c it'll hit the hood
juicedin2years: that why u have pipe spacers and donut for man gee
mr_glossy: a doughnut goes around the bottom of the cylinder. On a 10" cylinder, about 8in sticks above the doughnut
mr_glossy: wheres the spring gonna go?
juicedin2years: no man i think i'm gonna have to teach u new shit tommorrow
juicedin2years: matterfact let me make a post now
mr_glossy: Cool
juicedin2years: if i prove to u what i can do is right then what do i get from u
mr_glossy: an apology
juicedin2years: no how about some hydro stuff
mr_glossy: this ain't no charity
mr_glossy: I'm waiting on this post.....
juicedin2years: well its a bet
juicedin2years: lets bet man
mr_glossy: are you posting it or not?
juicedin2years: yes but do u wanna bet or not????
mr_glossy: bet what?
juicedin2years: that if what i said can be done i get let says a 1 pump free
mr_glossy: Thats charity
mr_glossy: plus that equals about $200.00 for a cheap one...
mr_glossy: wheres the post?
juicedin2years: do u wanna bet or not
juicedin2years: u scared of what
juicedin2years: u scared a 15 year old kid gonna beat u to ur knowledge
mr_glossy: no
mr_glossy: But I don't believe a 15 can afford the pumps I run...
mr_glossy: don't want no garbage pump
mr_glossy: juiced......
mr_glossy: you need to check out this link....
mr_glossy: http://www.layitlow.com/tech/suspension_st...prohopper.shtml

kind long lets here ur side dreday

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Like I said, if you use a standard skinny cylinder your gonna need to turn it upside down. This is gonna cause the hoses to come out at the bottom....which is fuckin' tacky.
So, thats why I said your gonna need rev. flows. for that euro. Reg. cylinders, mounted the regular way, is gonna have half the cylinder sticking through the top of the strut tower & hood.

Me & ProHopper agree.....Rev. Flows. Check out this link for the proper way for that strut to be done....

http://www.layitlow.com/tech/suspension_st...prohopper.shtml

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
I am drunk as fuck right now,,,i will get back tomorrow

that is tooooooooooooooooo much reading right now, I a, about 18 bud lites behind :biggrin: wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :biggrin:

Last edited by [email protected] at Oct 5 2003, 02:30 AM

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dreday stop lying man u said i will have to rebuilt the whole strut housing man, you said no i'm serious its not gonna work......

Let me find juschilin77 on this site to tell it will work.........

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by dreday@Oct 4 2003, 09:38 PM
Reg. cylinders, mounted the regular way, is gonna have half the cylinder sticking through the top of the strut tower & hood.

I disagree that why u mount standard cylinders the regular way, thats why u have a pipe spacer and donut to stop it from going thru the hood......

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by THEJUICEDKID+Oct 5 2003, 08:17 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (THEJUICEDKID @ Oct 5 2003, 08:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--dreday@Oct 4 2003, 09:38 PM
Reg. cylinders, mounted the regular way, is gonna have half the cylinder sticking through the top of the strut tower & hood.

I disagree that why u mount standard cylinders the regular way, thats why u have a pipe spacer and donut to stop it from going thru the hood......[/b][/quote]
wont that affect how low it will drop though??

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Oct 5 2003, 07:18 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Oct 5 2003, 07:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 5 2003, 08:17 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--dreday
@Oct 4 2003, 09:38 PM

I disagree that why u mount standard cylinders the regular way, thats why u have a pipe spacer and donut to stop it from going thru the hood......
wont that affect how low it will drop though??[/b][/quote]
not really because u cut it down to rite size so that it don't hit the hood and still lay low get it??

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
but on euro's, the top of the strut mount is so damn close to the hood, it seems like the entire cylinder would be down inside the strut tower..

maybe it will work... I'd like to see a picture though.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Oct 5 2003, 07:34 AM
but on euro's, the top of the strut mount is so damn close to the hood, it seems like the entire cylinder would be down inside the strut tower..

maybe it will work... I'd like to see a picture though.
see thats why i'm having my pipe spacer made so that it sits excatly 1/2 in under the top of the cylinder so that 1/2 in of the cylinder stick out and still lay low........

I wish juschilin77 was here to explain to you how it works....... kinda hard to explain well atleast i know what i'm doing :cool:

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
prohopper makes the honda struts with the cylinder built in....since you dont have experince with hydraulics....you should buy that kit......because on hondas and with most strut cars..is that you willl have to remake your struts...with reverse flow cylinders....

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by JokerManN808@Oct 5 2003, 08:03 AM
prohopper makes the honda struts with the cylinder built in....since you dont have experince with hydraulics....you should buy that kit......because on hondas and with most strut cars..is that you willl have to remake your struts...with reverse flow cylinders....
that wasn't the question man i asked the way i wanted to do would it work.......

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
Originally posted by THEJUICEDKID+Oct 5 2003, 09:08 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (THEJUICEDKID @ Oct 5 2003, 09:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--JokerManN808@Oct 5 2003, 08:03 AM
that wasn't the question man i asked the way i wanted to do would it work.......[/b][/quote]
just get the reverse flow cylinder...your way will not work..unless you want a big ass hole in your hood..you have to understand..when you cl9ose the hood..theres only a inch at most between strut mounts and hood...if your gonna do it...do it right

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I put airrods on a honda. If they fit like that you can put cylinders with the shafts down and casing up with the fitting on top no problem. The top of the cylinder would have the donut right at the end of it by the fitting and the car would still lower all the way down.

Basically a plate and the top and a specail bracket on the shaft.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by hydrota@Oct 5 2003, 09:14 AM
I put airrods on a honda. If they fit like that you can put cylinders with the shafts down and casing up with the fitting on top no problem. The top of the cylinder would have the donut right at the end of it by the fitting and the car would still lower all the way down.

Basically a plate and the top and a specail bracket on the shaft.
thank you i told u wait till juschilin77 see this post hes gonna straight yall out straight

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
You guys are some crazy son-bitches :biggrin:

1st- jack the car up and put it on jackstands. When it is jacked up all the presure is off the spring. Simply unbolt the bottom of the strut at the wishbone, then unbolt the top 3 bolts. The strut will simply pull out with no problem. The strut keeps the spring inside it, so don't worry about the spring going crazy. ;) The main strut bolt is in the middle of the 3 top bolts, that is what keeps the spring bolted inside the strut

2nd- You should not even fuck with the strut at all once it is pulled out of the suspension, take it and put in a box as soon as you pull it out, but keep the top strut mount that bolts to the body though.

3rd- The BEST way to do a honda is the way its done in the pic provided. Use a 10" regular cylinder casing for the front and use a 8" cylinder shaft. This combination allows for the front to have the entire stack of euro spring in it and the fender WILL still tuck a 155-80-13 tire, almost down to the whitewall :thumbsup: The cylinder shaft bolts to a mini-cup and the other side of the mni-cup slides into the wishbone(exactly where the factory strut mounted), bolt the mini-cup in the wish bone just like the factory strtu was mounted.

4th- Remember the top strut mount piece that I told you keep handy, well here is where we deal with it. Turn it upside down and reinforce the bottom of it with 1/4" steel. Then drill a hole in the exact middle of the mount a little bit bigger than the outer diameter of the cylinder.

Now put everything together and start hopping on that shit :cool:

**the strut in the pic is slightly different, it has a 8" casing with a 10" stroke(I did not do this setup, I just took it off ther owners car and it is still sitting in my garage)

For the rear suspension, use a 10" regular cylinder and make the measurement for the U-bracket perfectly. A perfect measurement will allow for a FULL STACK of euro spring in the back and will tuck whitewall GARAUNTEED

i know it looks like it would go throught the hood, but I have done over 10 Honda like this. Most would hop about 12" on 48volts. I have never had any problems like this, this is the best way to do a honda

This way you can convert back to your factory suspension very easy and you don't have to buy new struts

This is getting way toooooooooooooo long so I will stop now :biggrin:

Last edited by [email protected] at Oct 5 2003, 12:44 PM

1 - 20 of 53 Posts