LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they the only people in this state that do custom candy paint jobs? I'm sure there are a lot of painters that know how or CAN, but never have. Those dudes up there do it on a regular basis. Is there anywhere else that does it a lot? I know that one dude in Duluth doesn't want to do body work anymore - just paint. My car needs SOME dimples repaired, so any help is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the name of it? I'll have to check it out next summer.

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Originally posted by Razzbury@Dec 22 2003, 01:32 PM
What's the name of it? I'll have to check it out next summer.
Stillwater Collision. Ask for Tony, Tell him Reed sent ya. ;)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Coo! Thanks! You runnin' Down Lo Customs? I ran into some dude that works for Altered Image. He wanted to buy my Nissan. He said that his shop ran yours and another one out of business. Sup wit dat?

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Originally posted by Razzbury@Dec 22 2003, 01:41 PM
Coo! Thanks! You runnin' Down Lo Customs? I ran into some dude that works for Altered Image. He wanted to buy my Nissan. He said that his shop ran yours and another one out of business. Sup wit dat?
No, Thats just my name. My Boy Jason runs it. Im guessing your talking about John? Right? :uh:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't recall the guy's name. I wanna say Rusty for some reason. He was really cool though. I'm not 100% sure of the name. Hey, bruh. I'm gonna have to holla at you later. I'm very late for work. See ya. Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Originally posted by Razzbury@Dec 22 2003, 01:48 PM
I can't recall the guy's name. I wanna say Rusty for some reason. He was really cool though. I'm not 100% sure of the name. Hey, bruh. I'm gonna have to holla at you later. I'm very late for work. See ya. Thanks again!
That don't sound like Rusty - he's NOT like that.

And they never ran anyone out of business.

That's coming from me, and I rep AI

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
*** UMM , were you referring to me ??? I do body work -- Im not interested in Big Body work like forming a whole quarter panel or tackeling on rust buskets.( unless I get paid for it )...... My car is about the limit on how far I will do body work ...... I actually cut out more metal Than I needed so - But, there is repair panels to replace what I cut ........

** I dont do much kandy painting , just some ...... Mostly pearl paint jobs.... they look slick & have good color without having to buy so much paint "like a kandy paint".....

Dimples are nothing at all here man....... dents are fine too --I hate RUST Buckets ....... the problem I see is that after you do body work is that, sometimes there will be unseen rust & bubble in a year or , The driver might think it is safe to drive in the rain or in moist conditions & the bondo will bubble ....
Everything should be fiberglassed but, sometimes people I know are so stingy cheap & shallow that they dont want to spend $30 on a gallon of fiberglass -- Instead they would rather buy a regular $10 gallon of Bondo ... Bondo is not water proof so it dont do much to protect against moisture.....

** Like this prelude in my avatar -- The owner barely wanted to buy an extra qt of paint for $35 so that we would have enuff for sure ..... So I bought it myself & Im sure glad I did .... I used that extra qt........ They also didnt want to buy a $15 tube of glazing putty , or a gallon of better primer for $45 instead of shitty primer for $35....... Another 1 was the clear --- Had to buy the $75 gallon shit -- Not the $100 stuff I have used alot & I know the flow of...

---- Anyways , I did the car for $1000 ..... I really over did the car tho for that much $$$........... they are good friends of mine so , I hooked them up ......... ;) I help those out who help me ;)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I have a body shop in columbia heights we do everything from shaving door handles to body kits replacing sheet metal all of that kind of stuff we also do paint jobs but i dont really do candys or anything like that. we do a good job we do mostly insurance jobs but i would really like to start doing more business with the general public.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts