LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
I would look into the Elemental Designs e8A and their custom/limited-production 8" subwoofer. Also, Resonant Engineering's RE8 subwoofer is pretty badass as well.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Originally posted by Keepit-real@Dec 20 2003, 08:57 PM
you think the 8's are not going to hit like 10's??? I just don't know if i wanna go with 8's
Don't let the size fool you. Good 8's can hit pretty hard and get pretty low as well. I heard my friend's setup with 2 RE8's (with 300 watts to both subs') in a ported enclosure and those suckers get loud (I thought they were comparable to his old setup - 2 Resonant Engineering SE12's and 500 watts to each sub').

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
AUDIOBAHN SUCKS..THEY BLOW EAZY....

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
what about their immortal series. I am thinking about getting one of them even though i hate audiobahn products. But i heard something like it is made by a different company or something else and is different than the reat of their stuff

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Audiobahns dont blow easy. Where do you people come up w/ this shit? ive had like 12 different kinds of audiobahn and only had one problem. the alumiminum on my flame q cracked after about 9 months of takin 1400 rms.

·
Registered
63,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
maybe your hearing them by someone who hooked them up like shit??? I've heard them and damn they are tight and i've had a pair of 10's and i pounded the shit out of them with no problem. My only concern is 8's!! I know they can sound good but a guy told me that rap wouldn't be the best music for them

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Originally posted by Keepit-real@Dec 26 2003, 01:00 PM
maybe your hearing them by someone who hooked them up like shit??? I've heard them and damn they are tight and i've had a pair of 10's and i pounded the shit out of them with no problem. My only concern is 8's!! I know they can sound good but a guy told me that rap wouldn't be the best music for them
I wont deny that audiobahn subs will get loud. But they dont sound good doing it. I have used lots of subs and have friends who have used lots of subs. And most of the subs I use are sq subs or sql subs so the audiobahns just dont hang with them for my tastes. I dont have that much personal experience with audiobahn subs, but from my little experience thay are nothing special. I have even talked to audiobahn dealers who do not like there shit but sell it cuz people think they look cool and buy them. 8's will be fine with rap but you will need to get some that have the capability to play low and sound good doing it. But if what you listen to is mostly rap and you want your shit to be real loud and want to be able to feel the bass hit i woud get some 12 or 15.

·
Registered
63,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by 91lacdeville+Dec 26 2003, 12:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (91lacdeville @ Dec 26 2003, 12:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Keepit-real@Dec 26 2003, 01:00 PM
maybe your hearing them by someone who hooked them up like shit??? I've heard them and damn they are tight and i've had a pair of 10's and i pounded the shit out of them with no problem.  My only concern is 8's!! I know they can sound good but a guy told me that rap wouldn't be the best music for them
I wont deny that audiobahn subs will get loud. But they dont sound good doing it. I have used lots of subs and have friends who have used lots of subs. And most of the subs I use are sq subs or sql subs so the audiobahns just dont hang with them for my tastes. I dont have that much personal experience with audiobahn subs, but from my little experience thay are nothing special. I have even talked to audiobahn dealers who do not like there shit but sell it cuz people think they look cool and buy them. 8's will be fine with rap but you will need to get some that have the capability to play low and sound good doing it. But if what you listen to is mostly rap and you want your shit to be real loud and want to be able to feel the bass hit i woud get some 12 or 15.[/b][/quote]
cool thanks but i'm very limited on my space and about all thats goint to fit is 8's.......maybe 10's if i can squeeze them in. As far as good subs i know shop that uses Audiobahns for competition and they do good with them so i like them but i know theres better out there

·
Registered
49 Posts
Most of you guys are fucking morons. ive worked with audiobahns for the past like 3 years and they dont blow easy. Your dumbass probably just fucked up on the install. with the audiobahns youll get all the bass you want, so they hit pretty fucking hard, but if you want a cleaner sounding sub i would go with something else. Audiobahns are just more for the loudness and bass.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Also who ever said go with MTX, dont listen to them cause MTX subs suck ass. Ive never heard a good sounding MTX sub. All i trust is there amps and even those are sketchy

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Originally posted by swayed and layed@Dec 28 2003, 03:00 AM
with the audiobahns youll get all the bass you want, so they hit pretty fucking hard, but if you want a cleaner sounding sub i would go with something else. Audiobahns are just more for the loudness and bass.
i just said that

1 - 20 of 34 Posts