LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how does an automatic start work...
do you need to have exsiting keyless entry system.. or can it be done with any fuel injected car?...im thinkin bout putting it on my 93 caprice.. :biggrin: :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,665 Posts
its easy to do..

it only becomes a problem if you have some sort of passive anti theft system on your car, but theres add-ons to buy that fix that..

I use Crimestoppers version..

controls all the locks and lights and shit, and doesnt cost alot..

the installation can be overwhelming if youre not familiar with car electric systems and dont have the right tools though..

also, solder....no quick-crimp shit ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by Stealth@Nov 29 2003, 06:10 PM
solder and don't use the quick-crimp stuff? why not :p
for the main starter lines, thats some decent current there..


a good solder joint will last forever, while a crimp joint will eventually come loose and turn to shit, creating resistance, then heat, then no workie..

its cheap insurance towards a job well done
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Nov 29 2003, 12:17 PM
its easy to do..

it only becomes a problem if you have some sort of passive anti theft system on your car, but theres add-ons to buy that fix that..

I use Crimestoppers version..

controls all the locks and lights and shit, and doesnt cost alot..

the installation can be overwhelming if youre not familiar with car electric systems and dont have the right tools though..

also, solder....no quick-crimp shit ;)
around wut price does the crimestoppers go for?..

this dude from down here had told me that i couldnt put it on my ride.. because i dont have the keyless entry.. some thing bout that its goes wired thru that systems computer or some shit..

do they sell different ones for different rides?..or all tha same
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by ..LaZt oNe LeFt..+Nov 30 2003, 08:34 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (..LaZt oNe LeFt.. @ Nov 30 2003, 08:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--bigdanmcintosh@Nov 29 2003, 12:17 PM
its easy to do..

it only becomes a problem if you have some sort of passive anti theft system on your car, but theres add-ons to buy that fix that..

I use Crimestoppers version..

controls all the locks and lights and shit, and doesnt cost alot..

the installation can be overwhelming if youre not familiar with car electric systems and dont have the right tools though..

also, solder....no quick-crimp shit  ;)
around wut price does the crimestoppers go for?..

this dude from down here had told me that i couldnt put it on my ride.. because i dont have the keyless entry.. some thing bout that its goes wired thru that systems computer or some shit..

do they sell different ones for different rides?..or all tha same[/b][/quote]
theyre all about the same..
if you have power locks, you'll be able to use the keyless entry option built into the starter...
if you dont have power locks, you can always add them easily if its importaint to you..


heres the onne I like...

I've installed 5 of these with no drama

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=48611

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Nov 29 2003, 09:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Nov 29 2003, 09:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Stealth@Nov 29 2003, 06:10 PM
solder and don't use the quick-crimp stuff?  why not :p
for the main starter lines, thats some decent current there..


a good solder joint will last forever, while a crimp joint will eventually come loose and turn to shit, creating resistance, then heat, then no workie..

its cheap insurance towards a job well done[/b][/quote]
why wouldnt it? when you crimp, your supposed to apply a layer of solder anyways right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Nov 30 2003, 11:47 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Nov 30 2003, 11:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -..LaZt oNe [email protected] 30 2003, 08:34 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--bigdanmcintosh
@Nov 29 2003, 12:17 PM
its easy to do..

it only becomes a problem if you have some sort of passive anti theft system on your car, but theres add-ons to buy that fix that..

I use Crimestoppers version..

controls all the locks and lights and shit, and doesnt cost alot..

the installation can be overwhelming if youre not familiar with car electric systems and dont have the right tools though..

also, solder....no quick-crimp shit  ;)

around wut price does the crimestoppers go for?..

this dude from down here had told me that i couldnt put it on my ride.. because i dont have the keyless entry.. some thing bout that its goes wired thru that systems computer or some shit..

do they sell different ones for different rides?..or all tha same
theyre all about the same..
if you have power locks, you'll be able to use the keyless entry option built into the starter...
if you dont have power locks, you can always add them easily if its importaint to you..


heres the onne I like...

I've installed 5 of these with no drama

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=48611

[/b][/quote]
check this out.

http://www.emergingent.com/vandalalert/van...ert_nostart.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how would i ad power locs..? it aint really that important but would be nice..
the one you have for sale.. does it have the instruction..?

im intersted in it...
gimmie a holla..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by ..LaZt oNe LeFt..@Nov 30 2003, 10:38 AM
how would i ad power locs..? it aint really that important but would be nice..
the one you have for sale.. does it have the instruction..?

im intersted in it...
gimmie a holla..
sorry man, I just doubles checked, and the one I have is the first one pictured...



to add power locks

use something like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=14934



theyre cheap and work good..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Nov 30 2003, 09:01 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Nov 30 2003, 09:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--..LaZt oNe LeFt..@Nov 30 2003, 10:38 AM
how would i ad power locs..? it aint really that important but would be nice..
the one you have for sale.. does it have the instruction..?

im intersted in it...
gimmie a holla..
sorry man, I just doubles checked, and the one I have is the first one pictured...



to add power locks

use something like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=14934



theyre cheap and work good..[/b][/quote]
Oh shit bro ...im sorry dawg but i fucked up... i meent keyless entry.. my bad.. it has power locs .. will this kit give me keyless entry.. sorry man..

and you said it was tha first one in the pic...?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,665 Posts
ya, the RS900IV

(which is the first one pictured, and the one I have)

will work your power locks

it also acts like a quasi alarm..

for example..

if the unit is armed, and someone opens a door, an output energizes either your horn or a siren, depending on how you hook it up..

also, if someone tries to steal your car when the system is armed, the ignition wont work (you need to use the anit-grind feature to do this though, which requires a little more wiring and an additional relay)

so ya, it'll start your car, control your locks, sound an alarm of horn if someone opens a door, and disables the ignition.





heres a link to the owners manual so you can check out the features..

http://www.crimestopper.com/techweb/Instru...-900-iv-ops.PDF
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top