LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm want to see how many batteries everyday riders use and why, (not hoppers)

Here are a group of questions:

Just wondering what the average number of batteries you have for your ride and why?

Do you ever wish you had room for more for a spare and other items, and why?

How many inches would you like to get and how many batteries do you wish you had or didn't have to get that high?

As an everyday driver, do you even care about getting inches"

Once I have these questions, I'll ask another group of questions.

I'm working on a system that uses the minimum amount of batteries and provides that max inches.

ALSO: do you like to pop up fast, yet the higher rating coils cause your teeth to rattle, wish a flick of the switch would allow higher tons coils and yet still have a smooth ride.?

Here is a taste:

Last edited by Hydros at Nov 17 2003, 11:34 AM

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
IM GOING TO RUN 6 (6 STRAIGHTIN SERIES)ON THE SIDES SO IF I WANNA GO TO LAKE I CAN EASILY DROP COOLER AND CHAIRS IN.PLUS I HAVE MY SYSTEM 2-12S. ITS HOW YOU SET-UP YOUR CAR.

Last edited by umlolo at Nov 17 2003, 11:22 AM

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Originally posted by Hydros@Nov 17 2003, 02:11 PM
I'm want to see how many batteries everyday riders use and why, (not hoppers)  

Here are a group of questions:

Just wondering what the average number of batteries you have for your ride and why?

Do you ever wish you had room for more for a spare and other items, and why?

How many inches would you like to get and how many batteries do you wish you had or didn't have to get that high?

As an everyday driver, do you even care about getting inches"

Once I have these questions, I'll ask another group of questions.

I'm working on a system that uses the minimum amount of batteries and provides that max inches.

Here is a taste:

I HAVE A 2 PUMP SET-UP AND I RUN 3 BATTS IN 1 BAY. (36 VOLTS)

THE REASON FOR ONLY 3 BATTS IS LESS ROOM, AND IT'S JUST ENOUGH VOLTS TO SNAP IT UP QUICK.

I DON'T REALLY WORRY ABOUT GETTING INCHES, JUST SOMETHING ELSE TO WORRY ABOUT.

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF ADDIND ANOTHER BATT, AND A SPARE, BUT MORE ROOM IS ALWAYS NICE! ;)

HOPE THIS HELPS.

1985 LINCOLN TOWNCAR. :biggrin: ;)

Last edited by stankin85 at Nov 17 2003, 02:36 PM

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:uh: Knew I forgot something...

Looks like I should also ask what year/make/model you drive too.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
id say run more batteries if you plan to drive daily because you can wire some in parallel... not everybody remembers to charge them regularly and they could prolong the life of the system...

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by 77monte4pumps@Nov 17 2003, 11:32 AM
id say run more batteries if you plan to drive daily because you can wire some in parallel... not everybody remembers to charge them regularly and they could prolong the life of the system...
Good point, I wonder if the Street Charger (?) would be an idea?
Also I think the Mercedes batteries might be an idea.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have a '91 caprice I drive daily, it has 2 pumps, 6 batts., I'm really not concerned with the room. I have all 6 batts across the back, and the 2 pumps angled in the center, hardlines and stuff. I want to get a few inches with my car, and look sweet!

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Originally posted by Hydros+Nov 17 2003, 12:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hydros @ Nov 17 2003, 12:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--77monte4pumps@Nov 17 2003, 11:32 AM
Good point, I wonder if the Street Charger (?) would be an idea?
Also I think the Mercedes batteries might be an idea.[/b][/quote]
true streetchargers are good for vehicles you drive alot...

personally i like to charge at home

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I have a '97 Chrysler LHS, daily driver, 124,000+ miles.

Four batteries now, but I've run as many as six. I like four because I've had no problems at 48-volts and have ben using the same solenoids for about 3 - 4 years.

I have a 17x9 100-spoke K/O spare which fits snug in the spare tire well along with my 8 dumps and 4 accumulators. All you can see in my trunk are the 2 pumps and the tops of the accumulators and of course the two 12" Alpine Type R's. My 5 batts are behind the speaker box. I have room for all of my luggage and occasionally pack over 2 weeks worth 'cause commute every week for work.

Never been into hopping so I'm totally happy with 48-volts.

My juice has decent speed even with 12-year-old pumps and four accumulators. I have my accum's set at 175-psig front and 125-psig rear right now so I'm happy with that.

Oh yeah, of course since I'm runing accum's, I don't have any springs.

·
Registered
970 Posts
im runnin 6 batts 3 on each side in series as one bay 3 pumps 2 front 1 rear 4 12'kicker conp vr's and noooo trunk space butt its all good :thumbsup: im not gettin many inchs maybe 15 or 20 butt with 72 volts its fast and its bangin hard !im building a 425 bigblock no more daily after that swap to muck gas i still have the stock shocks it lays frame but they restrict height by a inch or two :angry:

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by kaptonkrewl2003@Nov 17 2003, 02:23 PM
im runnin 6 batts 3 on each side in series as one bay 3 pumps 2 front 1 rear 4 12'kicker conp vr's and noooo trunk space butt its all good :thumbsup: im not gettin many inchs maybe 15 or 20 butt with 72 volts its fast and its bangin hard !im building a 425 bigblock no more daily after that swap to muck gas i still have the stock shocks it lays frame but they restrict height by a inch or two :angry:
Yep, it's too bad there is not a shock for lowriders being made that stops working when we hit the switch... ... ...

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Originally posted by Hydros+Nov 17 2003, 04:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hydros @ Nov 17 2003, 04:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--kaptonkrewl2003@Nov 17 2003, 02:23 PM
im runnin 6 batts 3 on each side  in series as one bay  3 pumps 2 front 1 rear 4  12'kicker conp vr's  and noooo trunk space    butt its all good :thumbsup:  im not gettin many inchs maybe 15 or 20  butt with 72 volts its fast and its bangin  hard !im building a 425 bigblock no more daily after that swap to muck gas i still have the stock  shocks  it lays frame but they  restrict height by a  inch or two   :angry:
Yep, it's too bad there is not a shock for lowriders being made that stops working when we hit the switch... ... ...[/b][/quote]
You can use dumps as shutoff valves for the accums. or even slowdowns.

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
I USED to run, 6 batteries, 2 pumps, trunk space was full, so hmmmmmmm

85 regal ;)

·
Registered
871 Posts
2000 grand am gt

2 pumps 6 batteries in 1 bay (36 volts)

I could run higher voltage, but there is no need, it also prolongs the system. I am a switch crackhead and I charge them about once every 1.5 months or so.

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So far it appears most guys don't care too much about room for other stuff in their trunks. (I'm guessing these same guys also have another car in the family to use for other things if they did need extra storage space.)

I think I have a pump that will hop about 6" to 7" for each battery. No frame mods, just the A-arms and coils, (I got something in mind to avoid the ruff ride of hopping coils too).

The problem is, right now, things will break if you use more than four batteries.

What I'm trying to find out is, if there is any market for a pump that this. Less batteries, good performance, but with a limit. I'm working on getting it setup for five batteries, I'm thinking an updated pressure relief is needed.

1) If you could buy a pump like this, would you?

2) What do you think it's worth?

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have a 98 s-10 and I installed 4 batts and 2 pumps under the bed you cant even see them. the only thing you can see is a bridge made otta 7"x3/8 c channel and 2 cylinders pokin' trough everyday driver ;)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Originally posted by Hydros@Nov 20 2003, 07:16 PM
So far it appears most guys don't care too much about room for other stuff in their trunks. (I'm guessing these same guys also have another car in the family to use for other things if they did need extra storage space.)

I think I have a pump that will hop about 6" to 7" for each battery. No frame mods, just the A-arms and coils, (I got something in mind to avoid the ruff ride of hopping coils too).

The problem is, right now, things will break if you use more than four batteries.

What I'm trying to find out is, if there is any market for a pump that this. Less batteries, good performance, but with a limit. I'm working on getting it setup for five batteries, I'm thinking an updated pressure relief is needed.

1) If you could buy a pump like this, would you?

2) What do you think it's worth?
I don't have a car to drive right now other than my caprice. my husband has a 63 impala, and we have a dually truck-which we don't put the kids in. so I drive my caprice everywhere.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
how in the hell do you guys only charge your batts once a month?!?!? deep cycles?? i got 4 batts. 48 volts worth of starter batteries and i charge them once a a week. i think part of the reason is cause i got a #11 pumphead on the front and some old batts. but i still don't see how you dailies only charge once a month. even if i did have new batts i'd at least have to charge once every two weeks. :uh:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts