LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
Joined
·
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I hear you can hit back bumper with only one pump.

It seems the only way to hit BB with a store bought pump is to have a ton of batteries/rack and have a fully reinforced and modified suspension.

Hmm...

Now let's break this open once and for all. Anyone own or have first hand seeing any car/truck hit back bumper with a single pump using LRM rules for the single pump (not radical) and using only 6 batteries total in their trunk or less?

What is the least amount of batteries anyone has ever used to hit back bumper with an unmodified suspension? Back bumper meaning, at least hitting 40" in the front. And least amount of batteries meaning the total amount of batteries in the trunk.

Did the single pump winner at the last LRM show, hit back bumper? He hit 48" right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
970 Posts
my boy can back bumper with one pump he just slams the back and hopps hehe gettin 6 inchs dogg :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,749 Posts
ogcaddy's boy hit 41" with 8 batts, my boy smalltownVA had a cutt that easily hit high 30s, I really want to say 40" easy before the frame fucked up, the control arms broke, the damn front coil also broke. He also had 2 oil systems on the front which makes it even better along with the dumps floating and hardlined. He never fixed, just sold the damn thing. That was in 1999. All he had was 6 trojans, pro-hopper 1/2 port, 2 1/2" parker checks, Hi-Low 31/2 ton coils in front and I think 2 tons in the rear. The car was not done right at all, but still came damn close to 40"

the guy that did the suspension was on crack, he also only had reinforcement in the front, which explains a lot of things
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,406 Posts
i think you could do it with a g-body with a 6 cylinder no air conditioning or power steering or any other weight you can shave off the front...

you can only get about 9 or 10 inches of lift outa the back without modifying the arms or pivot points....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,424 Posts
If you wrap the front with 1/8" like some people do and wrap the back with 3/8"!! :0 :0 :0 ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,112 Posts
not knowing if it was legal or not, but mando at hilow had that black 63 impala hittin bumper single pump with 6 batteries. i saw it on a video where he was showing how to hop a car and showed inside the trunk. if i remember correctly, that is the impala that had hit 50 or 60 something inches.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,424 Posts
Mando=King of cheat!! :biggrin: Or King of Engineering!! ;)
 

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
Joined
·
15,590 Posts
yeah dont think that everything is legit in a hop. rules are meant to try and keep people in line but its all interpretation of the rules.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by showandgo@Nov 20 2003, 08:42 PM
yeah dont think that everything is legit in a hop. rules are meant to try and keep people in line but its all interpretation of the rules.
;) :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
Originally posted by showandgo@Nov 20 2003, 07:42 PM
yeah dont think that everything is legit in a hop. rules are meant to try and keep people in line but its all interpretation of the rules.
very true there is a few cars out there that has a bunch on lead underneith all the reinforceing of the frame and inside the battery racks. some battery rack need an engine hoist to get them into the trunks....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by GoodTimesNORCAL+Nov 21 2003, 12:05 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GoodTimesNORCAL @ Nov 21 2003, 12:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--showandgo@Nov 20 2003, 07:42 PM
yeah dont think that everything is legit in a hop. rules are meant to try and keep people in line but its all interpretation of the rules.
very true there is a few cars out there that has a bunch on lead underneith all the reinforceing of the frame and inside the battery racks. some battery rack need an engine hoist to get them into the trunks....[/b][/quote]
Shit that is crazy the last setup I did was pretty big and I lifted the battery rack by myself! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,406 Posts
Originally posted by timdog57+Nov 20 2003, 10:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (timdog57 @ Nov 20 2003, 10:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2003, 12:05 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--showandgo
@Nov 20 2003, 07:42 PM
yeah dont think that everything is legit in a hop. rules are meant to try and keep people in line but its all interpretation of the rules.

very true there is a few cars out there that has a bunch on lead underneith all the reinforceing of the frame and inside the battery racks. some battery rack need an engine hoist to get them into the trunks....
Shit that is crazy the last setup I did was pretty big and I lifted the battery rack by myself! ;)[/b][/quote]
you been taking them roids again havent you timmy?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by 77monte4pumps+Nov 21 2003, 12:14 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (77monte4pumps @ Nov 21 2003, 12:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2003, 12:05 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--showandgo
@Nov 20 2003, 07:42 PM
yeah dont think that everything is legit in a hop. rules are meant to try and keep people in line but its all interpretation of the rules.

very true there is a few cars out there that has a bunch on lead underneith all the reinforceing of the frame and inside the battery racks. some battery rack need an engine hoist to get them into the trunks....

Shit that is crazy the last setup I did was pretty big and I lifted the battery rack by myself! ;)
you been taking them roids again havent you timmy?[/b][/quote]
:uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh:


NO COMMENT!!! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,424 Posts
It was this rack!! :biggrin:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,377 Posts
Originally posted by Hang Time Mazda@Nov 20 2003, 06:09 PM
not knowing if it was legal or not, but mando at hilow had that black 63 impala hittin bumper single pump with 6 batteries. i saw it on a video where he was showing how to hop a car and showed inside the trunk. if i remember correctly, that is the impala that had hit 50 or 60 something inches.
is that the black convertable 63 or atleast i think it was a convertable, it has the hilow sticker on the front of the windshield, i remember seeing some video of that car gas hopping and it was getting madddd inches??



Last edited by HiLow at Nov 21 2003, 02:22 AM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,709 Posts
with a single pump impala, i think it can be done. it would have to be set up perfectly, with the 6 batteries all the way in the back, and everything would have to be working right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,705 Posts
Originally posted by CP@Nov 21 2003, 07:32 AM
with a single pump impala, i think it can be done. it would have to be set up perfectly, with the 6 batteries all the way in the back, and everything would have to be working right.
yep...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,872 Posts
a regal had the lrm record early in 03 it was at 35" not on the bumper but had 6 batts and worked well

oh and had a stock pump off the shelf.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,705 Posts
Originally posted by juandik@Nov 21 2003, 07:08 PM
a regal had the lrm record early in 03 it was at 35" not on the bumper but had 6 batts and worked well

oh and had a stock pump off the shelf.
I didn't know there was a single pump class for newer cars? I thought it was only for impala's?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,709 Posts
Originally posted by Nacho Individuals LA+Nov 22 2003, 05:07 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nacho Individuals LA @ Nov 22 2003, 05:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--juandik@Nov 21 2003, 07:08 PM
a regal had the lrm record early in 03 it was at 35" not on the bumper but had 6 batts and worked well

oh and had a stock pump off the shelf.
I didn't know there was a single pump class for newer cars? I thought it was only for impala's?[/b][/quote]
nope, any car can enter single pump as long as it complies with the rules.
 
1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Top