LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i was out riding around the other day in my s10 and i stopped to get a drink so i cut the bass up to see how loud it was outside the truck and all...well while i was at the drink machine it hit a real deep bass note and i heard this awful chatter sound...so i ran to the truck and cut the radio down real quick..went and parked to try to figure out wtf it was and there is this vent thing on the back of the cab...well during drops the fucking cab flexes so damn much that the vent thing is hitting the front of the bed....any suggestions on stopping this from happening im also wondering if when i got it painted if somehow my bed is farther forward..suggestions beside cut the bass down because that just isnt happening

·
Registered
304 Posts
Take the vent off? Add weight to the interior of the cab to prevent flexing?

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any opinions on taking a long bolt and drilling through the bed on one side cab on the other, and having a large chunk of rubber in between with two rubber gaskets to keep the bolt from touching the paint... :dunno:

·
Registered
12,351 Posts
Wedge 2 Tennis Balls between the bed and the cab... Put one on either side of the vent!!! :biggrin: :thumbsup:

Last edited by Naughty T at Oct 3 2003, 12:10 AM

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by Naughty T@Oct 2 2003, 11:07 PM
Wedge 2 Tennis Balls between the bed and the cab... Put one on either side of the vent!!! :biggrin: :thumbsup:
Ghetto, that is old school.

·
Registered
12,351 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66+Oct 3 2003, 06:25 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dirtywhiteboy66 @ Oct 3 2003, 06:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Naughty T@Oct 2 2003, 11:07 PM
Wedge 2 Tennis Balls between the bed and the cab... Put one on either side of the vent!!! :biggrin:  :thumbsup:
Ghetto, that is old school.[/b][/quote]
It works though... :biggrin: It's either that or break out the plywood and fiber-glass to re-enforce the back wall... :cool:

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It did fix the problem and its a hell of alot easier than doing all that work...my box is a bitch to get into the truck and i have no clue of how much of a pain in the ass it will be to get out..thnx for the help

·
Registered
12,351 Posts
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Oct 4 2003, 01:59 AM
It did fix the problem and its a hell of alot easier than doing all that work...my box is a bitch to get into the truck and i have no clue of how much of a pain in the ass it will be to get out..thnx for the help
Glad I could help... :biggrin: :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts