LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i were to take the back seat out of my caprice would that make the bass alot louder i have 2-12s in the trunk and i was just wondering if that would do ne thing...

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I am redoing my entire interior in my 89 caprice...custom middle console that runs all the way up the back seat,only can seat two people now...front seats out of a lexus and my 6x9s and tweeters are going in the middle console and i am fiberglassing the rear deck with some ports in it to help the bass a bit...I am going to run a sealed box firing towards the rear.

·
Registered
931 Posts
thats an old school trick we use to even unclip the back of the rear seat so we couple fold it down and remove the sound deadner makes a huge difrence..

if you know anyone who has subs in a neon or somthing with a fold back seat you can see that it can make a big difrence

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Originally posted by D-BOY@Aug 19 2006, 12:24 AM~5999078
thats an old school trick  we use to even unclip the back of the rear seat so we couple fold it down  and remove the sound deadner  makes a huge difrence..

if you know anyone who has subs in a neon  or somthing with a  fold back seat you can see that it can make a big difrence
i think its something everybody used to do, now they've commercialized it and made kits to put hinges on the older cars, nothin like makin yer own though ;)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Originally posted by TerHartzStyle@Aug 17 2006, 12:55 PM~5987178
my subs are facing oposite of the seat  or towards u if u open the trunk..
turn them around and then remove the seat.

as for the neon, lol i do the same with my accord since my lincoln is being worked on at the moment

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Originally posted by N-Do@Aug 19 2006, 12:11 PM~6000473

as for the neon, lol i do the same with my accord since my lincoln is being worked on at the moment
that would actually make it less effective......

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Originally posted by N-Do@Aug 19 2006, 01:11 PM~6000473

you might wanna go back and realize how the sound waves travel through your car and why there are "optimal" firing directions for port and sub depending on the type of vehicle...

but you did the same thing my friend did in his civic, he has two CVR 12's on a directed 1100d amplifier (yes, we went nuts over the directed refurbs from ikesounds :) ) and he folded his back seats down and faced the subs towards the nose of the car.... he couldnt understand why he wasnt thumpin... i turned them around and put the back seat back up and it was night and day...

my RE's still whamped on them though! (enclosure for the CVR's were a 2 chamber sealed, each chamber has 1.25cubes interal volume)

·
Registered
691 Posts
intrested in these hinges for back seat to fold down if any one has pics or sites hit me up. i might be gettin 3 15 inch memphis mojos and 6 1000d amps and i want to let all the bass out. its going in a 96 fleetwood.

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Originally posted by lowrider_620@Aug 21 2006, 09:37 PM~6014551
intrested in these hinges for back seat to fold down if any one has pics or sites hit me up. i might be gettin 3 15 inch memphis mojos and 6 1000d amps and i want to let all the bass out. its going in a 96 fleetwood.
if you have enough venting through the top deck, you'd be as loud, if not louder then having hinged seats.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Oh yes extremly because there would be no sound block, But with 2 12's Shouldnt it be loud enough?, What size amp are you using.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts