LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so i'm doing some body work at the moment..
There is a lot of humidity blisters all over the car, so a lot of it is going to have to go back to metal.
I have just started using 80grit on the door, also combined with paint stripper to go back to metal. 25% of the door is metal.
There are a few scratches in the metal though, is that from sanding to deep in the metal with 80 the whole time?
Should I have used something like 180 or 220 when i started to see metal coming through?
I have heard about people getting waves in the paint, I would like to aviod that... What is the best thing to do from here?
I'll try and post a photo tomorow.

·
Registered
14,363 Posts
Originally posted by mounch@Jul 26 2005, 08:42 AM
Alright, so i'm doing some body work at the moment..
There is a lot of humidity blisters all over the car, so a lot of it is going to have to go back to metal.
I have just started using 80grit on the door, also combined with paint stripper to go back to metal. 25% of the door is metal.
There are a few scratches in the metal though, is that from sanding to deep in the metal with 80 the whole time?
Should I have used something like 180 or 220 when i started to see metal coming through?
I have heard about people getting waves in the paint, I would like to aviod that... What is the best thing to do from here?
I'll try and post a photo tomorow.
[snapback]3480917[/snapback]​

you can warp the metal with to much heat by oversanding...

if your going to sand down to the metal..it will leave scratched...just d.a. it with a softer grit paper then pimer with a high build primer...epoxy is tha best

1 - 3 of 3 Posts