LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
i dont have them...all i know is if you fill a tank up with the car up and you dump it, it will blow that tank right off :0

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
ive seen them buble the end of the tank without them

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Originally posted by BLVDCRUISER@Sep 26 2003, 03:49 PM~1109192
i dont have them...all i know is if you fill a tank up with the car up and you dump it, it will blow that tank right off :0
years back i had the returns going to the back of the tanks. I locked the back up put it down... no problems. i gave the back a few solid licks and BAM! damn tanks hit the back seat and oil everywhere.lol my bother compadre was pissed off. it happened in his garage. :roflmao: :roflmao: all becuase i forgot to put the screws on the block.

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by $Bigg Money$@Sep 26 2003, 03:15 PM~1109063
Who runs backing plates on there tanks and who thinks it nessary or just goddy  ;)

u dont have to run backing plates as long as u bolt the tank to the block lol

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
I think the flanges are strong enough to hold the little bit of air pressure most systems will put in the tank. even if you put some positive pressure in the tank (locking the car up then tightening the fill port) I dont think thats enough to cause any worry.

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by AndrewH@Feb 22 2009, 08:54 PM~13079933
I think the flanges are strong enough to hold the little bit of air pressure most systems will put in the tank. even if you put some positive pressure in the tank (locking the car up then tightening the fill port) I dont think thats enough to cause any worry.

we run 2 back pumps just with the 4 bolts holding them..no tank rods or backing plates only cuz we put them on another set cuz those backin plates looked nicer lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts