LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I am not often a cheerleader for many things. My short list of "must have" products are Adex dumps, ProHopper cylinders, Acccurate solenoids, and now, SRS Protector valves.

I recently installed one of these on my wifes Cutlass, and there is NO way I would ever have a juiced car without one. The things are simple as hell and relatively easy to put on. I only wish I had these things from the beginning, since I cant even begin the money I have wasted on blown seals, broken pumpheads, bent cylinders, etc etc.

Here is a pic of me installing one this weekend: (its the chrome block between the dumps)



Simply, it is a mechanical adjustable pressure regulator for your pumps, and installs in the pressure port of your pump, and has an output line that connects to the return on your tank.

Lets say shit happens, and you get a solenoid that welds shut or a switch sticks. Normally the pressure created by a runaway pump can break gears, blow pressure seals, blow cylinder seals, burst lines, swell dumps, etc etc.. all sorts of nasty shit. With one of these little valves installed, all that happens is it detects the increase in pressure and simply diverts the fluid back into the tank!

The thing even works great for every day use. You can literally hold the switch and once the car lifts and pressure begins to spike, the safety opens up and lets the pump harmlessly cycle the fluid. It effectively makes your switches newbie proof, which is exactly what I wanted for my wifes car. Hell, you could even give your switchbox to a 5 year old and let him go crazy, he wont be able to break your shit!

Granted these are not designed for hoppers hitting big inches who rely on sick amounts of pressure, but for everyday cruisers it makes the car incredibly more reliable, safer, and far easier on your system not to mention reduces the amount of time you have to spend replacing seals and broken shit.

They are fully adjustable for any size car of number of pumps. You can adjust the "relief" pressure for any number of pumps or voltages.

Here is a finished shot of the valve installed on her cutlass, along with a set of accumulators:



The guy who makes these is named George, and his company is SRS Hydraulic Systems. He runs a small shop in Lansing, MI and is a really good guy. He sells em for $130 each, and they come fully machined and chromed, its a relatively simple bolt-on install.

You can reach George at:

(517) 394 3895
or
(517) 749 0739

He may be able to hook you up with some discounted prices for LIL members, so be sure to tell him you saw them here.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,397 Posts
and now back to our regularly schedualed program... :roflmao:

Naw seriously they seem like something good for newbies...if I could only convince my wife to get a juiced car I'd get em for her...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,474 Posts
my first set up had cast iron blocks with those built in. pretty cool.

i would get them- if i could only convince my wife.........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,407 Posts
Originally posted by dough916@Aug 11 2003, 03:58 PM
my first set up had cast iron blocks with those built in. pretty cool.
I was gonna say the same thing...

The old cast iron blocks had a relief valve built in on the side.
We used to take the cap off, turn the adjustment screw all the way in
so that the pump would give a little more pressure...

Damn...old school... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,612 Posts
Originally posted by insYder+Aug 12 2003, 04:00 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (insYder @ Aug 12 2003, 04:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--dough916@Aug 11 2003, 03:58 PM
my first set up had cast iron blocks with those built in. pretty cool.
I was gonna say the same thing...

The old cast iron blocks had a relief valve built in on the side.
We used to take the cap off, turn the adjustment screw all the way in
so that the pump would give a little more pressure...

Damn...old school... ;)[/b][/quote]
We used to remove the relief and use that port as the pressure . Then plug the top ports.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wanted to point out that these IMO arent just for newbies. Anyone ever had a switchbox accidentally flip over on the seat? Anyone ever had a solenoid or switch stick? Anyone ever had a friend in their car hit a switch out of curiosity? Anyone ever accidentally bumped a switch?

Also think about every time you lock your car up, or do a power 3 wheel. Ya got to tap tap tap that switch, because you dont want to overlock. And there is always that last tap where you feel the tension created as your chains tighten or cylinder bottoms out. Every time that happens you put a pressure spike to all of your seals and lines. With one of these, you could hit and hold the switch if you wanted, with no fear of breaking anything.

It is a godsend for newbies, but even for a veteran on the switch it's a very reassuring safety device.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,097 Posts
Now you see one of the reasons why I'm still using these pumps I bought in '91. Damn, things are bulletproof.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,019 Posts
...adjust it till you have enough pressure to do what you want, but no more.
be aware that setting it too low so it blows regularly will heat your oil super quick.
there are loads of PRV configurations around but this one makes for a very neat install, especially as done by caddi Bob
:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,534 Posts
Homeboy already got his feelings hurt on this site a long time ago trying to sell those things for that much.

I forgot who? But some member of L.I.L. busted him out and gave the part number and supplier for the exact same part for around half the price.

I'm pretty sure he's just reselling a part thats already available? Kind of like Showtime with the NAPA balljoints.

Some longtimers should remember this product also :uh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Cali4Lyf@Aug 13 2003, 03:20 AM
Homeboy already got his feelings hurt on this site a long time ago trying to sell those things for that much.

I forgot who? But some member of L.I.L. busted him out and gave the part number and supplier for the exact same part for around half the price.

I'm pretty sure he's just reselling a part thats already available? Kind of like Showtime with the NAPA balljoints.

Some longtimers should remember this product also :uh:
That looks pretty similar, but like all things you cant go off of looks alone. A fake adel looks alot like an Adex, but the similarities end there. Install em both and hit some switches, and the differences in quality becomes apparently quickly.

To argue that "because I saw something on the internet that looked the same, so you got to be trying to fuck people over!" is downright ignorant. Imagine if someone came onto LIL and started talking shit about Andy at Adex for selling his dumps for $475.

"Dude, you are full of shit! CCE sells the same shit for $200! I even saw em on Ebay for $100 each!" He would get bitchslapped 5 ways from Sunday. Why? Because many of us have either owned, or saw Andy's products first hand and know why they cost more. Same thing with these valves. Noone should talk smack until they have had one in their own hand, or actually taken some apart to see the kind of money SSR spends in chroming and custom machining to make this valvle work as it does.

Myself, I have bought em and installed em, and I like em. I think at $130 ea the price isnt bad, and considering I am sure that anyone who called em up could probably get them for $100 or less (like I did) because they are trying to get the name out there that they are in fact a pretty good deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by Cadillac Bob@Aug 13 2003, 10:05 AM
Imagine if someone came onto LIL and started talking shit about Andy at Adex for selling his dumps for $475.

"Dude, you are full of shit! CCE sells the same shit for $200! I even saw em on Ebay for $100 each!"
THAT HAPPENED ON HERE BEFORE, SOME IGNORANT ASSHOLE SAID THAT EARLIER THIS YEAR.

BUT THEN AGAIN WHAT DO I KNOW, I WAS DUBBED THE ADEX CHEERLEADER. BUT ANDY IS A FRIEND, I STAND UP FOR A PRODUCT THAT GOOD, AND ALWAYS WILL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,534 Posts
Originally posted by Cadillac Bob@Aug 13 2003, 07:05 AM
:

That looks pretty similar, but like all things you cant go off of looks alone. A fake adel looks alot like an Adex, but the similarities end there. Install em both and hit some switches, and the differences in quality becomes apparently quickly.

To argue that "because I saw something on the internet that looked the same, so you got to be trying to fuck people over!" is downright ignorant. Imagine if someone came onto LIL and started talking shit about Andy at Adex for selling his dumps for $475.

"Dude, you are full of shit! CCE sells the same shit for $200! I even saw em on Ebay for $100 each!" He would get bitchslapped 5 ways from Sunday. Why? Because many of us have either owned, or saw Andy's products first hand and know why they cost more. Same thing with these valves. Noone should talk smack until they have had one in their own hand, or actually taken some apart to see the kind of money SSR spends in chroming and custom machining to make this valvle work as it does.

Myself, I have bought em and installed em, and I like em. I think at $130 ea the price isnt bad, and considering I am sure that anyone who called em up could probably get them for $100 or less (like I did) because they are trying to get the name out there that they are in fact a pretty good deal.
[/quote]
Hey Bob,

I'm really glad you have found a component for your system that has benfited you. This was not intended to be a "dis" to SRS. I was just putting it out there that "someone else" has tried to sell them on here before, and when he was "called out" in a sense, he was never heard of again. Not that arguing with someone on this site would of made any difference anyhow ;)

I just wish the member who knew exactly what that part is, was still around to shed some light? The ones that he found to be similiar looked like yours and not like some military surplus like the one above.

Later,
Keep Ridin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
Originally posted by trudawg+Aug 13 2003, 05:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (trudawg @ Aug 13 2003, 05:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--HoppinS10@Aug 12 2003, 11:55 PM
Is this the same thing just not chrome?
yup thats similar....where did you find it?
and it doesn't look like it has enough ports[/b][/quote]
I found it on grainger and it is like $40 or something like that. But like other people are saying, there are other products out there that you would be able to get for cheeper but then again you would have to get the product and then go from there. Like the one in the pic, I dont think it has enough outlets but you could get it to work with fittings. So after you messed around trying to get all the fittings to get it to work that price for the CHROME one isnt too bad.



Last edited by HoppinS10 at Aug 13 2003, 02:47 PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,080 Posts
i remember these things just dont remember who it was trying to sell them at first

i always thought they were a good idea
 
1 - 20 of 108 Posts
Top