LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ask this ? to those of u who roll on 13 and 14. What's the idea pressure for the rear tires. I got an 84 cutty 3 pumps 10 batt. I've been putting around 50 to 70 psi in my tires and have put three 2 new tires on already,I guess hot asphalt and pressured up tires don't make for good milage out of them.But with the weight of the car 35 psi wouldn't get it. And do u set u're car on jack stand when you're not driving it?

·
Premium Member
49,409 Posts
55 in mine.......3 Pumps - 8 Batts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
70 in the front of mine
60 in the rear

'86 cutlass with 13's .... 3pumps and 8 batts and a V8

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK besides the bulldog(\ /) and the wear from three wheelin' w/proper rotation how long does you tires last. and what brand tires are u running. I'm not so much worried about the tire wear from the bulldogin' just the weight on the back tires. I'm running 175/80 R13 I figure that should b a decent size tire, but still get the worp treads;knots in the tires;broke belts u know that kind of shit.So I'm figuring I should just change brands.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I use firestone brand and I think the number on the side is FR380 those are for 155-80/ 13's I know the number cause I get them all the time from tires plus up the street. They are like $25-$35 and I use them instead of the cheapest ones because they last alot longer for me and the cheaper ones end up being more expensive when I pay dude at the other tire shop $10 a tire everytime I change them.

Rob

I dont rotate my tires either. The rears last long as fuck on my car and the fronts I replace like every month or month and a half from the 1inch extended a-arms and excessive 3 wheeling.

G

·
i will only run 175/75/r14 hercules which i cant get locally i have to have them shipped from a homie outta state(well i can get locally but id pay double what i do) i have 2" extention but then again i dont drive my shit but on the weekends. yeah my rear tires last forever!! i got a tire machine so it alot easier for me to change tires

·
Super Smasher
3,948 Posts
I allways roll 155/80's and my rear tires last a looong time just dont buy the cheapest you can get

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The price of the tires is not the problem,here lo lo's are few(well ones with reversed wheels that is)mostly everone here roll standards( to keep from extending there a-arms)and thats definetly not the look the for me. and trying to get them put on, is few and in between. but I guess it won't be a problem have your own tire machine.and yeah I have the same problem with those 175/75 R14 none existing here. So u see that can be a problem;car been sitting up for the last to weeks,then u go to the car wash on a Sat. even getting ready for a cruisie that night, beam u're shit up,wet the tires and everything, then on the way back to the house u notice u're shit starts to wobble like hell,get home and theres a big as not on your back tire ( Guess u want be riden huhh!!!)

G

·
Originally posted by TAYLORMADE@Aug 17 2005, 06:29 AM~3641121
( to keep from extending there a-arms)

extending arms has nothing to do with the offset of your wheels

u notice u're shit starts to wobble like hell,get home and theres a big as not on your back tire ( Guess u want be riden huhh!!!)
never had that problem

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do u swang your car. or is it just a cruisier?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts