LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY WUZ UP YALL, I KNOW I BEEN THRU THIS WITH A COUPLE OF YALL BUT I STILL WANT TO DO MY INTERIOR BEFORE I GET IT PAINTED. HOW MANY OF U HAVE ACTUALLY HAVE HAD UR INTERIOR DAMAGED BY PAINT OR CLEAR COATS?? ALL THE CARS I KNOW OF WITH THA INTERIOR DONE BEFORE PAINT HAVE HAD NOTHING WRONG BUT I KEEP GETTIN STORIES FROM LIL MEMBERS THAT MY INTERIOR WILL GET RUINED... REPLY IF UR INTERIOR HAS BEEN DAMAGED BECAUSE OF N E THING AT THE SHOP OR THE PAINT ITSELF.. APPRECIATE IT :cool:

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
if your interior is fucced up during the paint processes,,,its your/auto prep's fault,,,,basiclly what im saying is,,,its easily avoidable

if your doing the work yourself,,,take the extra hour , to make sure your interior is completely sealed off, when masking the jams,,,or if a shop is doing it,,stress to them how important saving your interior is,,(mabey even throw them a few extra dollars)

if you dont want your interior fucced up,,,,take the time and precautions,,and it wont be

·
Registered
949 Posts
Originally posted by BRAVO@Aug 2 2003, 07:48 PM
if your interior is fucced up during the paint processes,,,its your/auto prep's fault,,,,basiclly what im saying is,,,its easily avoidable

Hit the nail on the head ..!!!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Originally posted by bncrzy@Aug 3 2003, 04:40 PM
keep it dirty so u can wipe the overspray off with the dirt.lol
Yeh,, Once I sprayed a car for someone who'd had a bad experience with another painter, he had not masked out properly and got overspray all over his interior..
When he bought the car to me he had covered his whole interior with talc powder .. lol ..

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
when i added graphics to my engine compartment i didnt wash the car for a few weeks (i live in the country) so there was alot of dust on it. the overspray from the clear didn't stick to the body.i still masked it off though

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
So i CAN do my interior first, right?!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

vegas dippin is now YOUNG CAPRICE :cool:

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
i put ovesized plastic on my seats front back sides pushed rest underneath and masked off everything no overspray the paint clings to the plastic that you get at house paint store because of static.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
can be done. BUT WHY???? avoid a probelm before it occurs. not all painters are anal about masking. like those people who get the undercarriage done and then get the car painted. taking over spray off sux. if YOU MUST do your interior first, TAKE IT OUT. my suggestion. havent had an interior guy scratch a paint job yet.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Originally posted by OrangeCounty58@Aug 4 2003, 08:54 AM
can be done. BUT WHY???? avoid a probelm before it occurs. not all painters are anal about masking. like those people who get the undercarriage done and then get the car painted. taking over spray off sux. if YOU MUST do your interior first, TAKE IT OUT. my suggestion. havent had an interior guy scratch a paint job yet.
:thumbsup: but how u gone have KANDY paint with an ugly stock interior?? work ur way out, que no? NOT tryin to argue wit anyone

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
:(

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Originally posted by YOUNG CAPRICE+Aug 4 2003, 04:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YOUNG CAPRICE @ Aug 4 2003, 04:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--OrangeCounty58@Aug 4 2003, 08:54 AM
:thumbsup: but how u gone have KANDY paint with an ugly stock interior?? work ur way out, que no? NOT tryin to argue wit anyone[/b][/quote]
im presumming he is going to do both, just doesnt want to do the paint first because he feels the interior guy is going to scratch it. if you look at all the bow tie pics on the site, youll see a trend. the paints are done with no interior in them. just usually a "better" way of building thing with less worries.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Originally posted by OrangeCounty58+Aug 7 2003, 05:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OrangeCounty58 @ Aug 7 2003, 05:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -YOUNG [email protected] 4 2003, 04:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--OrangeCounty58
@Aug 4 2003, 08:54 AM

:thumbsup: but how u gone have KANDY paint with an ugly stock interior?? work ur way out, que no? NOT tryin to argue wit anyone
im presumming he is going to do both, just doesnt want to do the paint first because he feels the interior guy is going to scratch it. if you look at all the bow tie pics on the site, youll see a trend. the paints are done with no interior in them. just usually a "better" way of building thing with less worries.[/b][/quote]
:cheesy: u know exactly how i think! dats my main concern is gettin my paint scratched... ill just do that and take the int out while it gets painted.. thanks homie.. and all who replied

YOUNG CAPRICE aka vEGAs.DiPPiN
-Hugo

1 - 20 of 20 Posts