LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Depends: Carburator or Fuel Injected and in tank or in line pump... Tell us your symptoms and maybe we can tell you what we think the issue is.

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fuel injected, and in tank...

I'm having to hit the gas pedal to let air in or it won't start. the idle is ruff at first, but then smooths out after a while.

I was thinking it could be the pressure egulator, but someone told me they thought it was the fuel pump.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Depending on the miles and car, yes it could be a bad fuel pump, but other items to that are cheaper are fuel filter, Injector cleaner, and new air filter that all have a factor in what your describing. If you trully think it is a bad fuel pump. Then I would take it to a auto shop and have them check the pressure, shouldn't cost too much, unless you have a fuel pressure gauge then you could just look up the specs in your manual to see what it is suppose to be and go by that. Good luck.

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Dvlshtndcy@Aug 2 2003, 11:48 PM
Depending on the miles and car, yes it could be a bad fuel pump, but other items to that are cheaper are fuel filter, Injector cleaner, and new air filter that all have a factor in what your describing. If you trully think it is a bad fuel pump. Then I would take it to a auto shop and have them check the pressure, shouldn't cost too much, unless you have a fuel pressure gauge then you could just look up the specs in your manual to see what it is suppose to be and go by that. Good luck.
I'm gonna end up getting a pressure gauge... I already tried the air filter, fuel filter, and the injector cleaner..I'm gonna change the o2 sensor but I'm not sure if it's the regulator or the pump...

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Nacho Individuals LA@Aug 2 2003, 11:53 PM
to cure symptoms of a bad fuel pump, put peptobismol on the gas tank... it should be better quickly...
riiight...

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
heres some sysmtoms .. 60,000 miles .. car shuts off when ever it feels like and starts when ever it wants to .. damn intermittent problems anyway

you could try getting under the car and hitting the gas tank with a few raps ...if it starts ..well replace the fuel pump ... also when you have the car in the run postion open the schradder valve where they check for pressure .. when you open that valve ..look for pressure and flow ...lots of fuel should spew forth for a second or more ..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts