LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey... I'm truly clueless when it comes to Hydraulics, but I have a great deal on the table for this car that has some. I have a couple questions.. Can you drive a car with hydraulics like as an everyday driver? What problems usually occurs with hydraulics and are they hard to maintain? Like can I even take the car on the freeway and go fast in it, or is it unsafe? My fault if I sound clueless but I am. lol When should you hit the switches..like at a stop or going slow only, right? I don't know how many pumps, or batts, or anything. I just know the car is a classic and looks so clean..and I'm really thinking about buying it... but I don't know if I could drive the car like everyday and have it hold up, ya know. If there's any others common problems with hydraulics or anything else I should know before hand, please let me know. Thanks.

- Blueprint

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
depending on the size of the wheels you might not be going that fast on the highway....i drive my lac at highway speeds...get accumulators on the rear end if it doesnt have any and it will ride fine....tap the switch never hold it.....dont go flying around turns....

·
Registered
694 Posts
if you dont run your shit at high voltages, have a re inforced frame/reinforced stress points, dont abuse your set up, keep your batts charged, keep routine maitenance on your setup like changing seals on your cylinders annualy, changing fluid annualy, you should be fine, if i was you i would pm volv lo and get his book the science of a hydraulic suspension, if you dont know any thing about hydraulics it can teach you some shit, im sure i left out a few things but im sure some other peeps on here will tell you whats up

·
Registered
694 Posts
another thing, what kinda ride is it? you should find out what setup it has in it because if it doesnt have comp cylinders you will prolly wanna upgrade, for future reference stay away from cce cylinders

·
Registered
38 Posts
A COMMON PROBLEM WIT HAVN HYDROS IS ALL THE GIRLS WANT U
DAM I H8 THAT PROBLEM :biggrin:

·
Registered
942 Posts
Originally posted by 10 sack king@Aug 15 2005, 08:35 PM~3629456
another thing, what kinda ride is it? you should find out what setup it has in it because if it doesnt have comp cylinders you will prolly wanna upgrade, for future reference stay away from cce cylinders
i run cce cylinders on my truck, i heard that a few years back that they wasnt machening their's right but i just got new one's all the way around and aint had any problems yet have u heard off new faults?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts