LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to fast bag my 82 cutlass and lay frame.What needs to be done to the frame to get this done? The car is lowered with spindles in front and springs in back.Will i need a c-notch or not? Where and how much cutting is needed on control arms and spring pockets? I got 15 in. rims 205 50 15 tires. I think it is going to be a big job. I would like to keep my dual exhaust and headers can it be done.

Thanks for any help
Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by oneclick@Oct 2 2003, 11:35 PM
I've bagged my 83 cutty... but it does not lay frame or even close... it sits about 1" lower than stock when dropped, but raises pretty high for bags...

Jason
WTF only one inch lower dam that sucks who did the set up cause that sounds weird. :uh: :0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass+Oct 3 2003, 09:14 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Big Baller 82cutlass @ Oct 3 2003, 09:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--oneclick@Oct 2 2003, 11:35 PM
I've bagged my 83 cutty... but it does not lay frame or even close... it sits about 1" lower than stock when dropped, but raises pretty high for bags...

Jason
WTF only one inch lower dam that sucks who did the set up cause that sounds weird. :uh: :0[/b][/quote]
And by the way what rims you got in your ride maybe thats the reason. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,411 Posts
Here is the rear of my cutty fully dropped....




And here is the rear of my cutty fully raised...




As you can see it sits only around 1" lower than it was before i done the install... i can lower it abour 4 more inches by cutting the top mounting brackets though... which will be done when i get some extra time.

here is the setup in the trunk...





I done 100% of the install myself, i am still waiting on one more bag to arrive so that i can get the front suspension done... right now only the rear is bagged...

Jason
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,411 Posts
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass+Oct 3 2003, 08:15 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Big Baller 82cutlass @ Oct 3 2003, 08:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Big Baller [email protected] 3 2003, 09:14 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--oneclick
@Oct 2 2003, 11:35 PM
I've bagged my 83 cutty... but it does not lay frame or even close... it sits about 1" lower than stock when dropped, but raises pretty high for bags...

Jason

WTF only one inch lower dam that sucks who did the set up cause that sounds weird. :uh: :0
And by the way what rims you got in your ride maybe thats the reason. ;)[/b][/quote]
I'll never roll anything bigger than 13's...

Jason



Last edited by oneclick at Oct 3 2003, 12:29 PM
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,411 Posts
Originally posted by 82 cutty@Oct 2 2003, 11:09 PM
Only 1 inch lower, how that happen?
What set-up do you have?
I did not cut down the top mounting bracket any (yet), i can cut around 3 1/2 inches off and drop it more... giving around 4-5 inch drop total... just haven't had time lately to pull the rear end back down again...

here is a pic showing the 2500lb bag and the top bracket i'm using...



Jason



Last edited by oneclick at Oct 3 2003, 12:36 PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
that explains it... if you cut down the brackets it should lay out pretty nice... can't say for sure if it'll lay frame or not :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by oneclick@Oct 3 2003, 01:25 PM
Here is the rear of my cutty fully dropped....




And here is the rear of my cutty fully raised...




As you can see it sits only around 1" lower than it was before i done the install... i can lower it abour 4 more inches by cutting the top mounting brackets though... which will be done when i get some extra time.

here is the setup in the trunk...





I done 100% of the install myself, i am still waiting on one more bag to arrive so that i can get the front suspension done... right now only the rear is bagged...

Jason
:0 Nice I like it ,how much lift you get in the back :confused: so you still going to do the front cool on a cutlass you can lay frame in the front but not on the back you got to c notch it. Muy bueno cutlass keep the good work homie soon I m getting juice for my 82 cutlass. ;) :cool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,411 Posts
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass@Oct 3 2003, 01:10 PM
:0 Nice I like it ,how much lift you get in the back :confused: so you still going to do the front cool on a cutlass you can lay frame in the front but not on the back you got to c notch it. Muy bueno cutlass keep the good work homie soon I m getting juice for my 82 cutlass. ;)  :cool:
i get about 5-6 inches lift in the back...

yeah... still going to do the front, i'm waiting on 1 more bag to arrive so i can do the front... i had all 4 bags but i melted a hole in one that i had on the rear, so i used on of the front's to replace it and i ordered a new one...

Since i melted the bag i had to cut off the exhaust about 3-4 inches in front of the axle (so i wouldn't melt the replacement bag i put on it)... getting ready to re-do the exhaust where it isn't close to the bag on the drivers side.

also, i have a juiced (4 pump/16 switch) 84 cutty... that is the only reason that i bagged this one... so i could have both a bagged and a juiced cutty at the same time. :)

Jason



Last edited by oneclick at Oct 3 2003, 04:23 PM
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,411 Posts
Originally posted by shorty 2low+Oct 3 2003, 03:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shorty 2low @ Oct 3 2003, 03:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 4 2003, 02:35 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--82 cutty
@Oct 2 2003, 11:09 PM
Only 1 inch lower, how that happen?
What set-up do you have?

I did not cut down the top mounting bracket any (yet), i can cut around 3 1/2 inches off and drop it more... giving around 4-5 inch drop total... just haven't had time lately to pull the rear end back down again...

here is a pic showing the 2500lb bag and the top bracket i'm using...



Jason
thats the rear bracket?[/b][/quote]
yes... that is the rear upper bracket... the front upper bracket is exactly the same... but the front and rear lower brackets are different...

here is a pic of the rear lower bracket installed...


Jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks great Jason.Show us more picks when you're finished.
How close to laying frame will i get without a c-notch?

Scott
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,411 Posts
Originally posted by 82 cutty@Oct 3 2003, 07:23 PM
Looks great Jason.Show us more picks when you're finished.
How close to laying frame will i get without a c-notch?

Scott
thnx... not sure how low you will go without a c-notch, but i'll find out soon enough :) (when i shorten my top brackets later on this week) :)

Jason
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,411 Posts
Originally posted by shorty 2low@Oct 3 2003, 10:51 PM
hey how do the lower brackets go on the axle? what brand?
pro-hopper universal brackets... supposed to be all "bolt-on", but you have to weld the bottom brackets onto the axle... all i done was pop out the rear springs and then used a dremal to cut slots in the factory spring mount so that i could then flatten it out, then i just welded the bottom brackets on... the top brackets are not mounted at all, they simply sit in the top spring pockets... they do not move around at all, unless i jack the car up with a jack, that is the only time i need to make sure they are sitting right (before i drop the jack down).

Jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So i don't have 6 batteries in my trunk. You like juice,thats fine i want to baggit. No bags or juice where i'm from
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top