LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear that SMC valves have to have a minimum amount of back pressure to stay closed. So, what would I have to do about the dump valves to keep from leaking?? just let them be..?

Ex.: I fill the bags to say.... 90 PSI and the compressor fills the tank back up to 160 PSI so that means the fill valve will be closed securely but that's 90 PSI being pushed on the dump valve and nothing to push back...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure? Cause this guy said he lifted the front all the way and was trying to hop the back and while he was doing that, the front would lower very slowly...

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
ya, mine does that also....

there cant be more pressure in the lines than there is in the tank...

for example, if the bags were at 150, and the tank went to 130, the tank and bag pressure would equalize...

Parkers I know dont do this, all the others, I'm not sure about..
My Norgreens do for sure...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Originally posted by IDINIEILIL@Jul 25 2003, 10:10 PM
I hear that SMC valves have to have a minimum amount of back pressure to stay closed. So, what would I have to do about the dump valves to keep from leaking?? just let them be..?

Ex.: I fill the bags to say.... 90 PSI and the compressor fills the tank back up to 160 PSI so that means the fill valve will be closed securely but that's 90 PSI being pushed on the dump valve and nothing to push back...
some elec vavles need check vavles at each supply line to the vavles then no lowering of the opposite side with hitting the switch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts