LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should be a simple question...

I'm getting ready to bag my 83 cutty and when i was getting ready to attach the bags to the upper and lower bag brackets i found that i do not have any bolts for them (they didn't come with the setup), what i need to know is what size/type of bolts to use? and where i can i buy them at? The bags are 2500lb's.

If what i am saying doesn't make since i can take a pic and post it to show exactly what i'm needing...

Jason

Last edited by oneclick at Jul 31 2003, 11:10 AM

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll do that if i need to, but i figured someone here may know the correct size and type, so that i wouldn't have to carry around the bag with me.

Here is a pic... i need to know the size and type of bolts to use (circled in red)...

Jason

Last edited by oneclick at Jul 31 2003, 11:19 AM

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Jul 31 2003, 11:29 AM
3/8-16TPI

you'll need to measure for the length though...
thank you very much... i'll measure the bolt length before i go look for them.

I can buy these at home depot, right? what about at lowe's? would both places have them...

here is another pic with the brackets sitting against the bags..

Jason

Last edited by oneclick at Jul 31 2003, 11:40 AM

·
Registered
94 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Jul 31 2003, 12:29 PM
3/8-16TPI

you'll need to measure for the length though...
Whats funny is my Contitech bags, I used 3/8-coarse grade 8's w/lock washer/flat washer on the bottom... but on the top (With the studs) it uses 3/8-fine ... i could only find some grade 5 in fine thread... just thought it was wierd that the top is fine and bottom is coarse...

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just letting you know... i went to home depot and bought the bolts, i ended up buying the course and also the fine threaded ones just in case.

The only problem is that the shortest i could find was 1", so i'll have to cut off 1/4" cause they are too long... but it'll be easy with my dremel, or cut off wheel...

Once again, thank you for your help. :)

Jason

Last edited by oneclick at Jul 31 2003, 03:43 PM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts