LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup everyone, sorry i havent been on in a while, i have being so busy baggin my buddys 69 caddy devil .. errrr deville. what a bitch. nothing went properly, everything that could fuck up fucked up and now a week later the car is still not done and one of the jackstands collapsed causing the car to fall and punture the fuel tank. first off the brackets i made were not big enough to raise the car high enough to get the tires back on. i built them so it wouls lay frame but never even thought about his big tires. then one of the bags started leaking, then both of the tanks had a hairline crack that leaked like a mother fucker with 150 psi in them. i needed 2 fine thread bolt but didnt realize i was out until 11pm saturday night so i couldnt get them till monday. so now after replacing both rear bags, putting in a fuel cell i building new brackets to accomedate his 235/15's i will instal the new tanks tomorrow moring and hope this bitch finally works. Has anybody else had this much trouble with a 69 caddy? i think maybe this car was just not made to be a low low :uh:

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
the stand collapsed because it rained and it sunk into the ground and fell off the jack that car was the worst experience of my life i have cuts burns and bruises cause of it finally got it up and runnin and its looking awesome now new fuel cell and everything...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ya my car was a bitch to do. we spent alot of time and effort with my car but isn't dat one of the fun parts of building a low low? But i don't mind sure there has been alot of problems but i'm not the only one that had problems working a car. because we took a long time and did it right u enjoy it more when u rollin low and some hot bitch is just staring at you waiting to talk to u. it was worth the time and effort.. peace

·
Registered
456 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Jul 26 2003, 05:48 AM
sometimes thing just work out that way...

good thing nobody got hurt when the stand collapsed!
yeah 1950-1970 caddys are heavy mother fuckers i would know i have a 64 deville and a 68 devillei had no problems bagging the 68 but tha 64 has been being a bitch :angry:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my 78 mercury marquis was so simple compared to this. the firestones literly bolt right into the old coil cups. i had to fabricate one bracket in the entire install. unlike this stupid caddy. which once again is up on stands in my driveway cause the fuel pump is now leaking. stupid GM crap. my merc with its FORD!! engine hasnt been up on stands do to a breakdown in almost 2 years.

·
Registered
86 Posts
ahh shut up lee. so its time for some new parts but sooner or latter your car is gonna crap out all at once. least mine is going in a week. lol. ya but still it looks pretty sweet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts