LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Im a noob when it comes to this stuff so bear with me on these ??s

What I want to achieve is a FBSS suspension on a 98 civic ex 4dr on 17's which will get a significant amount of wieght added in 5 mos from an engine swap....

1. What would be a good/reliable kit to go with thats not gonna go over 1.5 grand?

2. Can anyone give me a round figure on cost of install?

Thanks for any input

P

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
For what you are lookin to spend I would buy a rod kit from AIM. I have installed many of these setups and only one problem out of all. You can get the setup for 1G and it should cost no more than $400 to install it. Do not take it to a shop to do it it would be way too much. All it takes is 3-4 hours to do everything if you have 2 ppl workin on it. IT IS VERY EASY AND THE ONLY HARD PART IS THE WIRING. With decent instructions almost anyone can install it. Find someone near you that know this stuff. Where you from maybe I can help. hit me up with any ?'

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks man,

Well i guess ill take your advice and install it myself. I went to the AIM site but didnt see any products.. what specifically is the kit you are recommending? could u shoot me a link or something? Also is this considered a good kit to buy .. cuz id rather spend the money on something thats gonna last then be cheep about it. What other parts am i gonna need to buy for 400$

Thanks for the help :biggrin:

P

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey man that link didnt come thru., could u post it agian?

thnks

Peezy

·
Registered
409 Posts
Originally posted by omaharidah@Jul 1 2003, 01:52 PM
should invest in a better car
Yo [email protected] you are an ass hole and a joke, you also need to get a real damn car yourself. I hope your email address doesn't end up in a lot of homosexual bondage web databases ;) lol

·
Registered
186 Posts
yea... I dont get why people hate people with hondas or "Ricer" some people say they hate them and dont even know why...

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Jul 2 2003, 01:26 AM
but I do hate hondas with the big giant "type R" sticker, knowing damn well its not a type r..
the more stickers you got the faster you can go!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
well yea it's only stupid when a car has only an intake in it and they have stickers all over it like type R, APC, NOS and all that on it just for having an intake... you know what I mean?? personally, I don't like stickers on my car even if I had all the parts installed...

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree with u on the stickers .. they dont mean shit and it looks cheesy as hell esp if you dont even have half the shit you claim u upgraded lol. personally i prefer a clean looking car without all the branding and shit all over it. skandalous i was thinking about gettin a sticker though that said "stickers add 20 hp" lol.

oh and omaharidah do you even know what you are talking about?? why hate on me and bother to post such a stupid reply.. if you dont like it fine but leave your opinions to yourself. :uh:

thanks for reposting purpl7duece

later

·
Registered
75 Posts
Originally posted by peezy@Jun 30 2003, 07:05 PM
hey thanks man,

Well i guess ill take your advice and install it myself. I went to the AIM site but didnt see any products.. what specifically is the kit you are recommending? could u shoot me a link or something? Also is this considered a good kit to buy .. cuz id rather spend the money on something thats gonna last then be cheep about it. What other parts am i gonna need to buy for 400$

Thanks for the help :biggrin:

P
i got mad parker vavles all day [email protected]!!!!!!! in phoenix
AZ

·
Registered
186 Posts
Just so no one comes down on me... I drive a Honda!! Just wouldn't put stickers on my shit even if I have all of it... I won't even put "HONDA" on my car

1 - 20 of 20 Posts