LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm baggin my 66 Caddy and i got the offer of some Slam Specialities RE6'S and RE8'S,will they fit? anyone offer any advice on em?

·
Registered
781 Posts
i have a full size buick and i have RE7's in the back. 8's would have been to bick on mine. but then again its a buick, not as big as the caddy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would say the 6's are too small. At least 7's in the rear and 8's up front.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i got 2600 contech bags on my 67 deville , but im about to install a set of re8s in another 67 deville in a few days i'll let u know how they fit

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I just finished up a 69. 7's seem to be a nice fit, great ride and great response. Going with 8's in the front would require going way past the welds in the frame pocket and require rewelding it up and possibly reinforcing any areas that would be weakened. I would love to see some pics of 8's stuffed in there.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Originally posted by CanadianTS@Nov 10 2007, 05:47 AM~9196869
I would say the 6's are too small.  At least 7's in the rear and 8's up front.
i think he means 7's in the front and 8's in the back?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah Is that what you mean mate? :confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Originally posted by HOLLYW$$D@Nov 19 2007, 04:48 PM~9260538
Yeah Is that what you mean mate?  :confused:

Hmmmmm, I may of meant what I said lol. Althought the 8's would be a tight squeeze up front lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'LL GO WITH 'EM AND SEE IT I CAN STUFF 'EM UP FRONT,MAX FROM BIOKUSTUMS ADVISED ME BUT I LOST ALL MY INFO WHEN MY OLD LAP TOP SHIT ITSELF ON ME,I'LL POST ON HOW IT GOES,SUMMAT'S GOING IN THERE SUMWHERE WEATHER IT LIES IT OR NOT,SO WISH ME LUCK, :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Front :
Lowered right now but getting done with XS7's soon.

Rear:
HE7's currently but may be replaced with HE8's.

Caddy is sitting on 22's front and back.

Click here for more Caddy's Cadillac Kings Car Club website. :thumbsup:

·
mr 420
344 Posts
i love those rims what style are those i own a 72 caddy, did you have to do anything to get thos rims to fit. im looking for dropped spindles, and any other suspension componets that will swap out with the caddy

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Originally posted by baggedhearse72@Nov 28 2007, 09:38 AM~9323376
i love those  rims  what  style are  those  i own a 72  caddy, did you have to  do  anything to  get thos rims  to fit. im looking  for  dropped  spindles, and any other  suspension componets that will swap  out with the caddy
I'm not sure about '72 but for 1970 and down Caddy's no mods are needed to fit 22's just make sure you have correct offset; you can even fit 24's and lay. As far as getting drop spindles you probably dont need them since you can easily lay front crossmember after bagging the front.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Originally posted by Envious Touch@Nov 20 2007, 04:17 PM~9268449
Front :
Lowered right now but getting done with XS7's soon.

Rear:
HE7's currently but may be replaced with HE8's.

Caddy is sitting on 22's front and back.

Click here for more Caddy's Cadillac Kings Car Club website.  :thumbsup:
not usually a fan of the big rims, but that's CLEAN !!
i'd roll that all day.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Maaaaan that ride is sweet,i got RE 7'S and RE8'S in a deal with a pair of 480'S so i guess i'll see how it goes
Is the '59 for sale? i seen it keep poppin' up on the forum,mmmm i like :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts