LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to find out whats a better bag, a slam specialties or conitech. also valves, are smc's or parkers? i just want good reliable stuff.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've been told firestones are no good that they pop easy, i don't plan to be hopping or anything, just want it to drop and maybe a side to side here and there. ok well cool thanks joe

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
cool so go with firestones
i have always used firestones
the firestones in the front of my car have been in use for about 10 years and have seen as high as 300 psi

it is all in the install with the mustang II front you have plenty of room for a 2600 size bag and the rear the bag can be mounted anywhere

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
its all how the parts are installed. the firestones with shocks will ride the best. firestone has bags on all the semi trailers and were the first brand of bags out i belive. like joe said, its all in the install. you can buy the best parts, but of you have a shitty install and they rub, theyre still going to pop. also SMC valves are the shit, parkers are good too, but someone here has managed to break em.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey thanks alot guys, also you said a 2600 firestone on the front how about the rear?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
the same bags will work, but slam specialties will get you 2" more lockup. if you want to do a 4-link, firestones will be fine because you can put the bags on the 4-link bars to get more lift and a much better ride. the only downside, you need to do alot of cutting to the car.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya the rear needs to be tunneled,the rear seat needs to be cut also. you say the slam will give me 2 inches more lock up but will both lay out the same. i'm trying to lay the running broads.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
well if the rear needs to be tunneld and the seat too, a little bit more and it can be 4-linked which is wayyy better than a bag over axle/leaf setup.

slam and firestone lay almost the same. 2.8 on the firestone i think and 3 on the slam. fully extended is 11 on the slam and around 8-9 on the firestone.

airgasm customs make some taller bags, they are 13" fully extended. alot of people seem to like em.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HEY THANKS ALOT, THIS HAS BEEN HELP FULL, AND IF THINGS GO RIGHT, WE WILL BE PULLING THE BODY OFF THE FRAME TOMMORROW.
LET THE CUTTING BEGIN! WELL HOPEFULLY :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
top hat frame right?

did you get a bolt on mustang two or did you go with a normal weld on one

what motor is going in it?

what rear end

i would say the best thing to do about that 4 link is try and find bolt on or box the frame on the areas where you will be welding to

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THE MUSTANG II WAS A BOLT ON BUT YOU HAD TO WELD THE TOP HATS, ITS FROM TCI,THE REAR END WILL BE A 1968-1972 GM CAR, I WILL BE RUNNING A 235 WITH A SAGANAW 4 SPEED. I WAS GOING TO BUY THE ONE FROM AIR RIDE TECH, BUT THE GUY WHOS DOING THE INSTALL TOLD ME ITS A UNIVERSAL KIT SO BY THE TIME HES DONE MESSING WITH IT, HE CAN BUILD ONE FOR ME.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by 1938_MASTER@Aug 3 2005, 08:45 PM
THE MUSTANG II WAS A BOLT ON BUT YOU HAD TO WELD THE TOP HATS, ITS FROM TCI,THE REAR END WILL BE A 1968-1972 GM CAR, I WILL BE RUNNING A 235 WITH A SAGANAW 4 SPEED. I WAS GOING TO BUY THE ONE FROM AIR RIDE TECH, BUT THE GUY WHOS DOING THE INSTALL TOLD ME ITS A UNIVERSAL KIT SO BY THE TIME HES DONE MESSING WITH IT, HE CAN BUILD ONE FOR ME.
[snapback]3538190[/snapback]​
cool yeah those years leaf spring car should be about the right size i have used 70-77 nova and camaro rear ends for tophat frame drivetrain swaps
hope you got quality work put into installing that mustang II member by someone who is familiar with top hat frames

can't wait to see that beast finished

but yeah the best thing to do would be to go with 2600 all around if possible since you uses stock frame not sure how much clearance you have
i learned the hard way about top hat frames and went and built a new one with 2x4 steel tubes

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
YA THATS MINE,HEY THANKS I CAN'T WAIT BUT GOTTA STAY PATIENT! WELL THE GUY WAS TELLING ME HE CAN BUILD ME FRAME BUT SINCE I WASN'T GOIN TO BE HOPING OR ANYTHING I DIDN'T THINK I WOULD NEED IT. BUT HOPEFULLY EVERYTHING WORKS OUT. YA YOUR DOING A GOOD JOB ON THAT CHEVY YOURSELF.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts