LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got an airride setup for my dads 50 chevy deluxe. i want to kinda surprise him he has no idea. would be a nice fathers day gift! anyone know tricks/tips/hints?? i have an idea from what i seen to do the front suspension i know i have to cut some of the tower to fit the airbag. i just need some ideas for the rear, its not stock rear but its still leaf springs. it has a nova rear end. any nice tricks? my 50 has hydros, with help from my prez paul!...

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i kinda didnt want to go that route. only because its gonna be a simple up and down nothing crazy.

·
Registered
423 Posts
You wanna go cheap cheap . . . . . . . .

De-arch the leafs, reverse the eyes [ flip the longest leaf ] , run 3 leafs in the pack and put F9000 sleeve bags on the leafs behind the axle

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Originally posted by daoriginator64@Feb 7 2010, 07:57 PM~16542336
i kinda didnt want to go that route. only because its gonna be a simple up and down nothing crazy.
i dont see how you got any lift with juice on the leafs to begin with

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my 50 juiced is 4 linked. i want to air ride my dads shit as a fathers day gift. i will look into de arching the shit. again i want it as simple as possible.an more info on de arching?

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Originally posted by ShibbyShibby@Feb 9 2010, 09:28 AM~16558741
Here is a pic of that sleeved air bag over a leaf. I know it's a shitty picture, but I am just trying google images.

thats on a truck these old leafs are different and u cant just rip them apart down to 3 or 4 so u get more flex movement out of them

im telling ya 4 linkings the only way

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by SLAMNFX@Feb 9 2010, 10:39 PM~16565301
Wow...CHEAP & Fathers day gift in the same thread...Glad I am NOT your dad...lol :biggrin:
thats what happens when your a broke ass nigga like me! ;)

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
i baged my dads van when i was young. all i did was start it up and put it right to the boards before it was warm, drive through lotsa ditches and back in ta stuff. it was cheap and easy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by matttatts@Feb 10 2010, 01:09 PM~16571506
i baged my dads van when i was young. all i did was start it up and put it right to the boards before it was warm, drive through lotsa ditches and back in ta stuff. it was cheap and easy :thumbsup:
?????????? damn what u smokin on? cuz i want some!

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
for real homie, air over leaf... been ridin that way for nearly a year now in my galaxie, rides WAY nice in the back, seriously..

leave atleast 2 leafs, preferably 3 if you can.. if you mono leaf the leaf will break...

lowering blocks drop it teh rest of the way

you will have to notch the frame if you wanna get really low, but you can do that on a budget CHEAP if you can weld..

the front end is easy as well..

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
here are pics of my rear setup... gettin the shocks the right length was the only issue i had... you can even buy a kit from air ride technologies if you want..

and dont listen to the haters.. heres a laid/lifted comparison.. about 1" less lift with the sleeve bags than i wanted, but ill live.. it rides NICE no shocks in front (might add some soon)

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks alot touchdown! im not worried about the haters, theres alot of haters here on layitlow, besides ,me and my boy paul built my 50 from the ground up,, i just wanted to observe my options on my dads air ride. i might be fine doing it exactly like yours! thanks alot. im no pro, but i do all my own work. backyard boogie all the way!

Originally posted by touchdowntodd@Feb 10 2010, 10:33 PM~16576795
here  are pics of my rear setup... gettin the shocks the right length was the only issue i had... you can even buy a kit from air ride technologies if you want..

and dont listen to the haters.. heres a laid/lifted comparison.. about 1" less lift with the sleeve bags than i wanted, but ill live.. it rides NICE no shocks in front (might add some soon)

·
Registered
556 Posts
on a 51 chevy we did we took off about four of the leafs and used bags over the axle. the hard part is separating the leafs they are wrapped with thin metal. the car rides good, we didnt want it to low so it could be driven if something happened to the system. the leafs have bent after about 4 years but still have not broke

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Originally posted by touchdowntodd@Feb 10 2010, 08:33 PM~16576795
here  are pics of my rear setup... gettin the shocks the right length was the only issue i had... you can even buy a kit from air ride technologies if you want..

telling him to do it right is hating now

:roflmao:

this website will never cease to amaze me

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Mark@Feb 11 2010, 12:42 AM~16578364
unless your dads about to die, dont fuck up his ride for him  :uh:
just a question how is sticking to leaf springs and air ride fucking up the ride???

1 - 20 of 31 Posts