LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Bagging a Lincoln

2K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  Royal Homie 
#1 ·
I have a 92 Towncar and thinking about putting bags in it, I am wondering how much of a sacrifice I will see in the ride quality. I am also wondering how durable it will be compared to the stock suspension. If anybody has any suggestions on a good brand it would be greatly appreciated.

#9 ·
Originally posted by Royal Homie+Jul 31 2003, 09:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Royal Homie @ Jul 31 2003, 09:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--simple me@Jul 31 2003, 04:23 PM
It does have a stock air suspension, but you can't manually raise or lower it that I know of.  If there is a way to do it please let me know.  :)

I'm not really sure. I heard it from LowLinc90 on here. Check his post on the bottom link. This is what I read on there:

cceregalboy asked in LowLinc90's post "is that thing lowered?
or is it stock height? i can't really tell"

So LowLinc90 says "stock height with the rear stock air bags turned off and the 13's....... sits like 3-4 inches of the ground...... scrapes on some bumps"

LoLinc90 also says "theres a on/off switch in the trunk....... on the right side........ just flip it off......... if you got a digi. dash it'll prob. say check air sus. but just dont worry bout that.....

I think if you turn off the switch in the trunk, it will lower it and if you turn on the switch it will raise it. But I'm not really sure. If anyone knows anything post it. Yo simple me, try sending a PM to LowLinc90 and ask him. I'm sure he will give you some info. Then report back to us. :biggrin:

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?s...=5&t=48802&st=0[/b][/quote]
I know about the switch in the trunk, you have to turn it off when you are jacking the car up so that you don't blow out the load levelers..... I was just wondering if they make a bolt on kit since the car has an air suspension, when I search for it I can only find coilover kits to replace the air sus, but I want to be able to raise and lower on the fly... Is there any way to bypass the load levelers and make it so I can controll the stock solenoids with a switch box? I don't even know if this would be a good idea to do... This will be a daily so I need something reliable....

#11 ·
Originally posted by Royal Homie+Jul 31 2003, 11:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Royal Homie @ Jul 31 2003, 11:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -simple me@Jul 31 2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by -Royal Homie@Jul 31 2003, 09:06 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--simple me
@Jul 31 2003, 04:23 PM
It does have a stock air suspension, but you can't manually raise or lower it that I know of.  If there is a way to do it please let me know.  :)

I'm not really sure. I heard it from LowLinc90 on here. Check his post on the bottom link. This is what I read on there:

cceregalboy asked in LowLinc90's post "is that thing lowered?
or is it stock height? i can't really tell"

So LowLinc90 says "stock height with the rear stock air bags turned off and the 13's....... sits like 3-4 inches of the ground...... scrapes on some bumps"

LoLinc90 also says "theres a on/off switch in the trunk....... on the right side........ just flip it off......... if you got a digi. dash it'll prob. say check air sus. but just dont worry bout that.....

I think if you turn off the switch in the trunk, it will lower it and if you turn on the switch it will raise it. But I'm not really sure. If anyone knows anything post it. Yo simple me, try sending a PM to LowLinc90 and ask him. I'm sure he will give you some info. Then report back to us. :biggrin:

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?s...=5&t=48802&st=0

I know about the switch in the trunk, you have to turn it off when you are jacking the car up so that you don't blow out the load levelers..... I was just wondering if they make a bolt on kit since the car has an air suspension, when I search for it I can only find coilover kits to replace the air sus, but I want to be able to raise and lower on the fly... Is there any way to bypass the load levelers and make it so I can controll the stock solenoids with a switch box? I don't even know if this would be a good idea to do... This will be a daily so I need something reliable....
So you can't just lower and raise the whole car by turnining on and off the switch in the trunk? I seen stock Lincoln Towncars with stock height and some stock Towncars that were low? How can that be? And LowLinc90's Towncar is low? He said he turned off the switch and that made it low. So in order to bring the car to stock height, wouldn't you need to turn on the switch? About the bolt on air kits, I'm not realy sure. :dunno:[/b][/quote]
u can buy any bag kit .and just order the brackets too.its pretty simple to bag a lincoln.also the switch in the trunk just turns power to the stock bags off it DOES NOT LOWER THE CAR!!!!!if the car drops its because the bags have wear cracks in the bottom of them where the fold over .u can wire up the factory bags to raise and lower but its really not worth it its way too slow,and also driving around with the bags deflated can wear a hole and even bust a bag too.i dont recommend it .if u want it low just pull out the bags and put cut springs in it its easier and rides better.

#14 ·
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
not really a "hole" but they get wear cracks in them and if they inflate fully they will leak down till the "hole" is covered by overlapping of the bag,which stops the air from coming out ,leaving it at a lowered stance.either way the next step is the bag "popping" from rubbing

#17 ·
Typically, if you're getting one from a used car dealer, yes, the bags are shot. If you're getting it from Ford, I'd like to think they'd repair the car before selling it.

#21 ·
Yeah, I thought I had answered it too. If it's a shady used car dealer and it's low, the bags ARE probably shot. If it's from a respectable Ford dealer, they wouldn't be selling a "lowered" Town Car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.