LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM HAVING SOME IDEAS ON BAGGING MY REGAL AND TUCKIN SOME 24S WITH SOME 25 SERIS TIRES.IM NOT TRYING TO LAY FRAME.JUST UP AND DOWN TYPE DEAL WITH THE REAREND SHORTEN AND TUBBED OUT.ANY HELPFUL TIPS/LINKS OR AM I JUST DREAMING :( .
HERES A REGAL BAGGED ON CARDOMAIN.COM TUCKIN 20S

AND A FRIEND OF MINE TOLD ME THAT I COULD PROBALLY USE S10 DROP SPINDALS???IS THAT TRUE???

·
Registered
83 Posts
From what I herd its mad ez to bag a regal take out da coilz and put bagz and cupz. Y u guna tub it? It aint needed. I herd dat the spindlz will work too

·
Registered
124 Posts
You can use any s-10 suspension thing. I just did an 83 with my buddy and we used Air ride pro control arms and s-10 drop spindles. Lays out hard and very little camber. :puffin:

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by 91stink'n Tc@Oct 5 2007, 01:58 PM~8938715
You can use any s-10 suspension thing. I just did an 83 with my buddy and we used Air ride pro control arms and s-10 drop spindles. Lays out hard and very little camber. :puffin:
MY BAD HOMIE I DIDNT SEE YOUR POST ON THE BOTTOM :cool: ,WHAT KIND OF MODS DID YOU HAVE TO DO??WHAT ARE YOU RUNNING?AND DO YOU GOT ANY VIDEO OF IT IN ACTION :cheesy:

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by 91stink'n Tc@Oct 7 2007, 08:39 AM~8946642
all g-bodys are the same susp set up from 83 to like 2000
yea.... you might want to double check your years.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I meant there the same as an s-10. Im not and idiot and I know they went FWD.

Im sorry for trying to help you guys out if you wanna be duche bags go for it.:scrutinize:

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by 91stink'n Tc@Oct 8 2007, 08:56 AM~8951627
I meant there the same as an s-10. Im not and idiot and I know they went FWD.

Im sorry for trying to help you guys out if you wanna be duche bags go for it.:scrutinize:
see theres the problem, people have to be aware that there is a difference so if we do help we need to be clear on what we are saying. saying 78-88 g-bodys can use any year s-10 front suspension.
so to say a s10 and a g-body have the same frame.... meh. thats only true on the front portion of the rails. there are differences. but all that has been said about a-arms, cups, and spindles all holds true.
and i find it funny you says douche BAGS. :biggrin: :biggrin:
question though, whats with the big holes over the spring perches under the package tray.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Its how the bag cup's are bolted in, he plans on putting a rear frame notch over axle mounts along with tubs for 22's or 20's over winter. There is no other way to get a bolt on the bag cups. Idk why the hole is so big I did not cut it.

I never said anything about the frame being the same tho, that was the other dude. :cool: :cool:

I dident even realize the pun I made..lol :0

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by 91stink'n Tc@Oct 8 2007, 10:39 AM~8952120
Its how the bag cup's are bolted in, he plans on putting a rear frame notch over axle mounts along with tubs for 22's or 20's over winter. There is no other way to get a bolt on the bag cups. Idk why the hole is so big I did not cut it.

I never said anything about the frame being the same tho, that was the other dude. :cool:  :cool:
I dident even realize the pun I made..lol  :0
i beg the differ, on my regal i bolted the rear uppers in with out drilling any hole. how ever i am the person that will spend an hour more to put in a window motor just so i dont have to drill access holes in my inner door panels. :biggrin:
but at any rate, it wont matter as there will be a large notch and a need to cut the floor.

so if this kinda thing is the plan, no matter.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by baggedcutlass@Oct 8 2007, 10:23 PM~8956243
This is my 84 cutlass that will eventually lay out on 24's.

:0 THATS WHAT IM GOING FOR :) ,HOOK IT UP WITH SOME MO PICS :biggrin:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Oct 8 2007, 06:19 PM~8955155
i beg the differ, on my regal i bolted the rear uppers in with out drilling any hole. how ever i am the person that will spend an hour more to put in a window motor just so i dont have to drill access holes in my inner door panels.  :biggrin:
but at any rate, it wont matter as there will be a large notch and a need to cut the floor.

so if this kinda thing is the plan, no matter.
im just wondering, why so many people om here have such ugly ass trunk setups? im not just referring to this one, but i rarely see them clean and functional. i cant really talk right now because i m not finished putting mine in yet, but in a couple of weeks, im gonna have an 8 gallon, 2 compressor setup with a sub and 2 amps and a cap. and im still gonna be able to haul a full load of groceries. dont you guys want the same thing? style and function? im not trying to flame or anything its just a question, sorry if it offends anyone.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts