LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup fellows, anyone have any experience in bagging a McPherson strut....thinking of going with universal air aero sports bag...just wondering if anyone modified there strut housing to tuck there front tire or lay frame...

thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its for a 87 cressida...its a rwd car..here is a diagram of he front suspension

suspension

i dealt with hydros in the past, but it was for gm front ends...i thought about going hydros instead and running accumulators to cushion the ride. and with hydros i know you could tuck more...pm me with pictures or post on here..very interested in your setup...any pictures of your current bag setup?

thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah thats what i was thinking....i know a cressida strut is long...thinking of using a sw20 (mr2) strut which is shorter....still debating hydros or air haha...i found a guy who can make air cans which gives you a 2inch lift which would be great if i decide to go short stroke coilover...here is my fren car back in hawaii....

basically this much clearance before laying frame

who knows, i might be better off with air since i cant really tuck my tires way in there

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its 135 for the custom air cans...basically i'll go that route if i go with a coilover setup...ride height will be similar to the picture...but able to atleast lift it to give me a finger gap to get over bumps or driveways...currently i have a finger gap between my tire and fender...

would it be possible to run a reverse flow cylinder with a powerball mounted to my top strut mount or mount the powerball to a custom steel plate? remove my strut cartridge and insert a cylinder in it and weld it in....similar to the tech article in layitlow

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sounds good man....post some pictures of the install....i check out there website, i seen there products...no install pictures of there setup yet...

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts