LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have a McPherson air strut on my ion and I am switching to hydros. This will be my 3rd front non spring strut. First time around I used a universal bag over my stock strut that was "built" for my car. Well in the end it actually lifted the front end from the lower springs I had. Then I got the easy street ones for my car and it tucked tire but not as much as I wanted. I could have modified the front strut but i decided hydros would be less hack work. I will post pics when its done. I am going to install the front stuff this weekend.

My suggestion is hydros on a mac strut car, it just seems to be the easiest solution. check our hydroholics.net they might have what you need.

Also what kind of car. That would help to direct a more appropriate answer your way.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Heres how low my car sat on air

Easy Street Struts up Front and then a UAS bag bolted out back. The UAS bag let me sit lower then using brackets on an Easy Street set up.

I have yet to install and trim everything. But heres a general rendering of my new rear set up (the car does not have rear struts, so this was voted to be the best solution)

Heres the swing arm on, not centered

and with the cylinders just run into the trunk.

Theres still more trimming that needs to be done.

Also here is the front hydro strut.

I am basicly waiting on parts to finish it. Its taken me 4 months to get to this point

1 - 2 of 2 Posts