LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting ready to have my 71 buick suspention altered. Now Ive heard good and bad things about both and am wondering what yall thought... (brands ect) this sites gave me good advice in the past so hopefully its good for a little more. Id like to go w/ the basic fb,ss,pancake, but if I hear different maybe Ill sinksome more $$$ into it.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by 59Impala@Aug 4 2005, 09:28 AM~3539546
If its a driver, bags all the way.  If you dont want 3 wheel, bags.  If you are not reinforcing anything, bags.
if you fast bag one of your impalas, be sure to beef up that upper arm mount, I damn near ripped one off of the blue 64 :uh:

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
frames for seriouse should be re inforced around arm mounts and link mounts

hydros need re inforcment around most of the frame main;ly arm mounts and liunk mounts but around the rear frame also to keep the 500 lbs of batteries from bending the frame and buckling the quarters

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
yea, and the bumps on the road are stressful on the hydraulics, the bags are easier on the car than stock springs. I love juiced rides and own them, but bags are the ticket on a driver.

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Originally posted by 59Impala@Aug 5 2005, 06:11 PM~3548378
yea, and the bumps on the road are stressful on the hydraulics,  the bags are easier on the car than stock springs.  I love juiced rides and own them, but bags are the ticket on a driver.
This man speaks the truth and I relate. :cool:

·
Registered
607 Posts
I have hydros, my buddy has bags on his parissiene, I prefer hydros, he has to wait forever for his tank to fill up before he can lift the car, I just get in hit the switch zzzttt and that's it, hydros are more expensive so if you're broke get bags. It was a rough ride on my car until I bought 2 accumulators for the back and that made a big difference. bags can't really hop or 3 wheel, hydros are better but that's just my opinion

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by heavensdevil@Aug 6 2005, 10:03 AM~3552070
I have hydros, my buddy has bags on his parissiene, I prefer hydros, he has to wait forever for his tank to fill up before he can lift the car, I just get in hit the switch zzzttt and that's it, hydros are more expensive so if you're broke get bags. It was a rough ride on my car until I bought 2 accumulators for the back and that made a big difference. bags can't really hop or 3 wheel, hydros are better but that's just my opinion
i'm not even gonna bother getting into that quote

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by red_ghost@Aug 6 2005, 12:09 PM~3552437
Bags can hop and 3 wheel.  You just need a lot of psi in the front.  400 should do it.  But then you get more expensive than hydros, especially when you need a york, and other shit, and still need to reinforce.
compared to the only hydro setup worth using is a 3 or 4 pump
if your gonna hop hydros you need good pumps batteries frame reinforcments
you're not making a great point here

1 - 20 of 30 Posts