LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i heard this truck roll up to me and hit the switch..''baggs'' and damn that compressor is louder than a mayate! are all bagg systems like that??? :uh:

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
not if you have an edc or your runnin compressed gas and it depends on how/where you mount your compressors

·
Banned
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by MarquisPlaya@Sep 5 2005, 10:59 AM~3755463
not if you have an edc or your runnin compressed gas and it depends on how/where you mount your compressors
i seen your set up it looks real nice is that shit loud???? :dunno:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
not all bags are loud... 216rider's bagged impala seemed psssstless (watched the videos that werent accompanied by music)... 2 of the locals around here have really nice bag systems in there trucks... one is an f-250 (i believe) on 20's with duallys... when he dumps, it sound ssweet, its almost an unnoticeable psst sound...and the compressors noise just blends in with the engine, its not that much of a difference...

the ford ranger has an almost silent drop and his compressors are a tad more noticeable but not harsh as others ive heard...

one of my friends mazda mini is loud as shit, when he dumps its a harsh pssst sound, and you can hear his viar 450 cut on as if another engine just started up...

it all depends on what you have and how its installed...

slowdowns/mufflers help when eliminating the pssst sound in you dump...

-qs

·
Banned
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm//../??? didnt know that :cool: so where is the best location for the compressors most put them in the trunk, would it be a bad idea to put them under tha hood??/ :dunno:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by texasfleetwood@Sep 5 2005, 02:35 PM~3755618
hmmm//../??? didnt know that :cool:  so where is the best location for the compressors most put them in the trunk, would it be a bad idea to put them under tha hood??/ :dunno:
yorks go under the hood, i've never seen an electric compressor under there (i never thought to ask why though), the trucks i mentioned, their compressors where under the truck in the bed section attached to its chassis... i've seen other cars where it was attached to the chassis as well....

-qs

·
Registered
45 Posts
edcs are best. you can get valve silencers and it barely sounds like u hit switches. most comps are pretty loud but if you have a mini and get it a tonneau cover it helps keep the noise down.

·
Banned
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by ghettonig@Sep 5 2005, 11:49 AM~3755705
edcs are best. you can get valve silencers and it barely sounds like u hit switches. most comps are pretty loud but if you have a mini and get it a tonneau cover it helps keep the noise down.
i dont care about the air sound''pssst' i just dont like the compressor ''motor'' sound, how do u eliminate that?

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
BRAPBRAPBRAPBRAPBRAPBRAPBRAPBRAP!!!!!
AHHHHH...........don't you just love that noise!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
from inside the car with my radio on you cant really hear it, outside my car you can hear it if my trunk is open or you gotta be close, as far as my dumps, cant really hear them

·
tippin' on 3
5,078 Posts
YORK... qiuet as a sleeping baby...

·
Registered
4 Posts
my nissan is loud as hell when i hit my switches, and sometimes its cool, and sometimes i cant stand it, but i never tryed to silence them, cause i never know when i need to scare some punk ass *******. but as far as compressor noise, that would be something i would like to silence a.s.a.p. but being in the bed (with cover) i still wake my neighbors when i get home from work at 10:30 pm.[attachmentid=267413]

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
the compressor noise is really anoying i dont like it but i got my compressor screwed in under my car to the metal part so thats my fault, but it cools down a lot quicker with the air, than in my trunk.

my valves got relocated to under my car also so ill be loud as fawk, i love the psss i just dont like the compressor. like in the mall i dump and i can hear a huge ecko and every one is just checking out the ride, plus sometimes i get some ###'s

·
Registered
222 Posts
Originally posted by ghettonig@Sep 5 2005, 11:49 AM~3755705
so where do you get "EDCs"? I want to bag my PT, but that is part of my problem....I dont want all the noise.

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by MarquisPlaya@Sep 5 2005, 08:34 PM~3758367
from inside the car with my radio on you cant really hear it, outside my car you can hear it if my trunk is open or you gotta be close, as far as my dumps, cant really hear them
my truck was like that too. I couldn't hear jack shit in the cab, but as soon as I got out of my truck -

BBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRBBBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRRBRB

·
Registered
222 Posts
so, what do you do? what can you do? dyna mat a box? get studio quality sound deadening put in a box? hmmmm...........?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts