LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the back end of my caddy goes up semi fast and comes down really slow, is this a kink in the line, its 3'8 line but I figured it wouldn't make much of a difference cause its so close, now I can get the front up really fast but its 1'2 line but 18 feet of it, I also took the shocks off and tried that but nothing, does anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
96 Posts
There is a big difference between 1/2 and 3/8s. Sounds like the bag port size is the restricting factor IMO.

whats the specs? valves, psi, tank size, stuff like that

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the port size is 3/8" the bags are conitech, 175 psi, not sure the valves, but they used to be on a manifold and I took that apart to make it faster or just to get rid of the split and 90 degree turns, I've got two 9 gallon tanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the ports in the front are 1/2", it goes fast, I might be able to get it off the ground once I put my 14's on there, but everything is just recently been set up so I could start on the paint

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the car itself has been sitting on a frame bench for a little over two weeks and the air from the front has leaked out over time, but the back end is still going strong, so thays kinda why I think theres a kink cause its not leaking as fast as the front did at all

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
god dam 18 feet of line for the front bags woowee i only got less than 3 feet of air line in my entire front bag assembly yall are crazy
that is funny how the back end comes down slow have you checked all the line?
are they diaphram valves maby you god crap blocking your airway you might have to operate i run 3/8 valve and line in the back of my car and when it comes down it litteraly cracks concrete

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by steez@Jan 15 2004, 12:13 AM
they are compression on the bags, and the tanks
Compression fittings have a smaller ID then Ptc fittings, and I agree with Joe, you might have something blocking airflow, like a crushed compression fitting!

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by skandalouz+Jan 15 2004, 09:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (skandalouz @ Jan 15 2004, 09:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--joebomber52@Jan 15 2004, 08:38 PM
or maby some teflon
speaking from experience![/b][/quote]
yeah i had a peice of teflon in the diafram of my valve that kept it from closing all the way and when i bled my tank my front right bag would collaps

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by steez@Jan 15 2004, 09:31 PM
thanks for the help guys
do me a favor and post some pics of your rear valve and rear set up maby we can diagnose the problem better or give you a better remedy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts