LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this true? That a vehicle layed on bags rides better than one layed on juice?

Why? because of the bag's flexiblity when the vehicle sits on it?

Would I be able to get rid of my spring and replace it with a deflated bag to allow for a lower lay and have the layed ride of a fully bagged ride?

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Bags will give you a softer ride. Just like riding in a cadillac fleetwood for example. But is all depends on the air pressure, you got to find the sweet spot. A deflated bag is rough and just like a bumpstop no more. the ride will be very rough. both can ride rough, or soft, it all depends on many factors, not just bags or juice!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by skandalouz@Nov 14 2003, 03:20 PM
Bags will give you a softer ride. Just like riding in a cadillac fleetwood for example. But is all depends on the air pressure, you got to find the sweet spot. A deflated bag is rough and just like a bumpstop no more. the ride will be very rough. both can ride rough, or soft, it all depends on many factors, not just bags or juice!
Juice will give a you a nice ride with no springs just cylinder and accumulator some say is better than stock. :biggrin: :cheesy: :cool:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass+Nov 14 2003, 03:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Big Baller 82cutlass @ Nov 14 2003, 03:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--skandalouz@Nov 14 2003, 03:20 PM
Bags will give you a softer ride.  Just like riding in a cadillac fleetwood for example.  But is all depends on the air pressure,  you got to find the sweet spot.  A deflated bag is rough and just like a bumpstop no more.  the ride will be very rough.  both can ride rough,  or soft,  it all depends on many factors,  not just bags or juice!
Juice will give a you a nice ride with no springs just cylinder and accumulator some say is better than stock. :biggrin: :cheesy: :cool:[/b][/quote]
more parts to buy/maintain/repair/replace.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
the whole idea behind bags is just all aorund softer. On the other hand, you are putting your life and ride on just a sack of rubber, hydraulics are solid, steel constructed and they hold pressue much better than bags. Its a battle

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Nov 14 2003, 05:24 PM
the whole idea behind bags is just all aorund softer. On the other hand, you are putting your life and ride on just a sack of rubber, hydraulics are solid, steel constructed and they hold pressue much better than bags. Its a battle
used within their design capabilities, bags are perfectly safe, and were designed to be used on vehicles..

unlike hydraulics...

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as far a ride quality(when lifted), im hearing that juice with accums is better than a new caddy.

so an argument that juice is a rough ride would be false if accums are used.

and when layed, wouldnt juice be a better ride because there is still a spring? (as long as its not a hopping spring)...ive always been under the impression that the comparison between ride quality was when the car was layed and air was the winner, but i guess not. so wanting a bag ride when layed is pointless...

so air's claims that juice sacrafices ride quality and air doesnt is false( if the correct setup is applied). so why are so many air people still claiming this?

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Nov 14 2003, 02:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Nov 14 2003, 02:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--S10laynframe@Nov 14 2003, 05:24 PM
used within their design capabilities, bags are perfectly safe, and were designed to be used on vehicles..

unlike hydraulics...[/b][/quote]
i dont think bags were designed to get a car to hop or even be filled with gases. semi trucks have bags too but they arent used to hop or even lift fast

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Nov 14 2003, 03:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Nov 14 2003, 03:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--S10laynframe@Nov 14 2003, 05:24 PM

unlike hydraulics...[/b][/quote]
Yes but they were not designed for hopping or any type of "moves" they work fine for watered down applications

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by caliswangin916+Nov 14 2003, 09:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (caliswangin916 @ Nov 14 2003, 09:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2003, 02:34 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--S10laynframe
@Nov 14 2003, 05:24 PM

unlike hydraulics...
i dont think bags were designed to get a car to hop or even be filled with gases. semi trucks have bags too but they arent used to hop or even lift fast[/b][/quote]
no reply necessary...

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe+Nov 14 2003, 09:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (S10laynframe @ Nov 14 2003, 09:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2003, 03:34 PM

unlike hydraulics...
Yes but they were not designed for hopping or any type of "moves" they work fine for watered down applications[/b][/quote]
try telling that to some of these guys..

http://www.streetlevelcreations.com

http://www.alteredaltitudecustoms.com

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Nov 14 2003, 07:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Nov 14 2003, 07:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2003, 03:34 PM

unlike hydraulics...

Yes but they were not designed for hopping or any type of "moves" they work fine for watered down applications
try telling that to some of these guys..

http://www.streetlevelcreations.com

http://www.alteredaltitudecustoms.com[/b][/quote]
LoL its all opinion, I wouldnt trust my life on firestones. Had dros loved em, had bags, fell asleep before I was satisfied. :uh:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Nov 15 2003, 12:24 AM
have fun changing o rings every week :)

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Nov 14 2003, 06:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Nov 14 2003, 06:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2003, 09:11 PM

unlike hydraulics...

i dont think bags were designed to get a car to hop or even be filled with gases. semi trucks have bags too but they arent used to hop or even lift fast
no reply necessary...[/b][/quote]
i wouldnt know what gases that are not compressed by an air compressor are being used or experimented with...couldnt be specific... some are combustible if concentrated???
i remember a post of a blown air tank

this was about ride quality anyway...so how does air ride better because thats one of two advantages that air people speak of?

216 have you had hydraulics?

Last edited by caliswangin916 at Nov 14 2003, 07:10 PM

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by 1lorodeo+Nov 14 2003, 06:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1lorodeo @ Nov 14 2003, 06:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--S10laynframe@Nov 15 2003, 12:24 AM
have fun changing o rings every week :)[/b][/quote]
ive had the same showtime competion cylinders in my car for over 4 years (ever since showtime opened up shop). ive only changed my o rings once. i bought a pair of rings over a year ago and have yet to need to use them. this is on 36 volts. no hopping, less maintenance. and a charged 36 volts is quick. just my opinion

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by caliswangin916+Nov 14 2003, 08:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (caliswangin916 @ Nov 14 2003, 08:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2003, 06:47 PM
@Nov 15 2003, 12:24 AM

ive had the same showtime competion cylinders in my car for over 4 years (ever since showtime opened up shop). ive only changed my o rings once. i bought a pair of rings over a year ago and have yet to need to use them. this is on 36 volts. no hopping, less maintenance. and a charged 36 volts is quick. just my opinion[/b][/quote]
I had almost the same experience.

Good luck dis assembling your front end to replace a ripped bag LoL.

I could replace my rings in 10 mins with basic tools, and without disassembling the entire front suspension :)

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by caliswangin916+Nov 14 2003, 07:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (caliswangin916 @ Nov 14 2003, 07:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2003, 06:32 PM

unlike hydraulics...

no reply necessary...
i wouldnt know what gases that are not compressed by an air compressor are being used or experimented with...couldnt be specific... some are combustinble in if concentrated???

this was about ride quality anyway...so how does air ride better because thats one of two advantages that air people speak of?

216 have you had hydraulics?[/b][/quote]
IMO air rides nicer. More soft, dont notice bumps as much. Altho with accumulators, you get a softer ride also.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe+Nov 14 2003, 10:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (S10laynframe @ Nov 14 2003, 10:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2003, 06:47 PM
@Nov 15 2003, 12:24 AM

ive had the same showtime competion cylinders in my car for over 4 years (ever since showtime opened up shop). ive only changed my o rings once. i bought a pair of rings over a year ago and have yet to need to use them. this is on 36 volts. no hopping, less maintenance. and a charged 36 volts is quick. just my opinion
I had almost the same experience.

Good luck dis assembling your front end to replace a ripped bag LoL.

I could replace my rings in 10 mins with basic tools, and without disassembling the entire front suspension :)[/b][/quote]
you are indeed an idiot...

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by caliswangin916+Nov 14 2003, 09:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (caliswangin916 @ Nov 14 2003, 09:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2003, 06:32 PM

unlike hydraulics...

no reply necessary...
i wouldnt know what gases that are not compressed by an air compressor are being used or experimented with...couldnt be specific... some are combustible if concentrated???

216 have you had hydraulics?[/b][/quote]
nope, never had them before, why?

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by 1lorodeo+Nov 14 2003, 09:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1lorodeo @ Nov 14 2003, 09:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--S10laynframe@Nov 15 2003, 12:24 AM
have fun changing o rings every week :)[/b][/quote]
Had my cylinders for almost 2 years and no leaks!! Have nothing against bags, but they both have thier ups and downs. If they are both used in the right application then they will hold up and last! ;)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts