LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

bags

1K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  northwestG 
#1 ·
i am puttin bags on my silverado 4x4 how can i lower this truck? i have it lowered 3 inches with torsion bar keys but i want to lay it out. i have torsion bars incase u didn't notice so i can't chnage my coils or get spindles. will new control arms work. they don't have them for my truck but they make them for 4x4 suburbans which r the same. also will the torsion bar keys even help when i loosen them all the way down?

#5 ·
even if i were to take off the 4wd it wouldn't be a 2wd set up and if i were to trade it in i would get a shittier one i would lose value. i know someone thas gonna do it i jus wanted to ask to make everyone in here think a lil bit more then the same 2 wd set ups

#8 ·
lowering the truck is the hardest part of the airbag install because there are minimal ways to lower it but the only difference in installin bags on 4wd is u crank the torsion bars down all the way then u weld the bracket for the bag to the frame and the upper control arm.

#9 ·
All of yall are bs man me and a buddy of mine juiced a 4wd blazer and it lays frame all the way around. yea a 2wd would be easier but any jack ass can lay frame in a 2wd but its just more fun to do it in a 4wd and you get more props for it. just the look on peoples face when you tell them you have a 4wd drive truck that lays frame all the way around is priceless. but just to let you know it can be done

#10 ·
dig up the Street Trucks magazine that had the tech article about bags on an Escalade. It's a LOT of work but you build a cage off the frame rails and over the motor and mount the bags off the cage to the upper control arms.

Juice might be easier just because of space constraints.

#11 ·
i can't believe people r still responding to this post... My bags will be done in about 3 days. everyone says it won't lay the frame but it will be close (dropthis) howd u lay the frame on the 4wd blazer they said the reason i can't is because the 4wd will be at the wrong angle and it will jus fuk shit up even jus layin there driving it would kill it. i am not C notchin it because the front won't lay out. i have a 4 link in the back and made my own brackets to go over the 4wd and thas where the bag lays. Baggin a 4wd is alot more custom most people would rather have it all done for them when the vehicle comes from the factory the custom work is the best part about this whole scene.

#13 ·
alright man, the way to lower a vehicle with t-bars besides cranking them out, or getting the belltech kit is take the crossmember off and notch it so the keys sit down lower, u can go up to 9inches with the notch and fully cranked out, and there are backets that make it like a 2wd in the front, they are sold by a guy on BLAZINLOW.COM his name is pr1mo360 and they are like $50 for a set, they bolt on the 4x4 c-arms, go to blazinlow, there are alot of helpful posts and articles about lowering and bagging 4x4 blazers and s-10's, good luck, and post some pics when u get done!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.