LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in welding class and one of the auto mech teachers came over to use the torch. He was heating up some rivets to get a ball joint out some big ass lowers. All of a sudden BOOM, sounds like 12 gauge going off in the shop. I was in my welding booth so im thinking some crazy guy just came in starting to shoot. I walk out my booth and I see the mech teacher holding his hand with blood pouring out. Turns out he ball came out the casing and the snap ring exploded and went through his hand. Has this ever happened to anyone.

·
Registered
13,986 Posts
DID YOU GET PICS? :biggrin:

·
Registered
627 Posts
:roflmao: Wait a minute you mean to tell me that this guy is teaching you? Do you really want to keep learning from this guy?? Maybe he should have paid attention

·
Registered
627 Posts
:biggrin: my bad :uh:

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by Boricua Customs@Sep 27 2007, 12:15 PM~8880567
no guys he said the auto mech teacher not the welding instructor  ;)
Thats even worse.... balljoints are packed with grease... You know where grease comes from, right??..... :biggrin: :cheesy: :0 :cheesy: :0 :cheesy: :0 :cheesy:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
shit i cut those off all the time with a torch!

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
probably had massive spring pressure in there .. to aide the ball joint in exploding .. i get the joint apart first ... then using and angle grinder grind of the heads ...then use a punch and hammer or drill out the rest

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
happened to me once. i didnt get hurt or anything. i was using a torch to cut the rivets and was not paying attention to what i was doing and i started to notice that from the heat the ball itself was hard to move in the joint. then about a min later BOOM. it hit the ground and shot out of the bay door were i was working. i learned to pay close attention when doin it. lol scared the shit out of at first, i was affraid to look down. but it didnt get me. lmfao

·
tops down bitch
3,541 Posts
Originally posted by ElKr0nic0@Sep 27 2007, 11:32 AM~8880315
I'm in welding class and one of the auto mech teachers came over to use the torch.  He was heating up some rivets to get a ball joint out some big ass lowers.  All of a sudden BOOM, sounds like 12 gauge going off in the shop.  I was in my welding booth so im thinking some crazy guy just came in starting to shoot.  I walk out my booth and I see the mech teacher holding his hand with blood pouring out.  Turns out he ball came out the casing and the snap ring exploded and went through his hand.  Has this ever happened to anyone.
what kind of lowers have rivets???

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Originally posted by razor@Sep 27 2007, 08:11 PM~8884649
:0 i saw some on the twilight zone, you know the one were some dumb ass teacher heater up a ball joint and it exploded, leaving the children's teacher less, that was a classic :cheesy:

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by razor@Sep 28 2007, 01:11 AM~8884649
old original ones

·
tops down bitch
3,541 Posts
Originally posted by ice64berg@Sep 28 2007, 06:58 AM~8887134
old original ones
on what car?.................

·
tops down bitch
3,541 Posts
Originally posted by LOCO 78@Sep 27 2007, 11:52 PM~8885315
:0  i saw some on the twilight zone, you know the one were some dumb ass teacher heater up a ball joint and it exploded, leaving the children's teacher less, that was a classic :cheesy:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts