LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Yall.What would be a good way to prevent the Ball Joints from breaking while I am Hopping?I have heard of Welding chains but I have never seen what it looks like with the Chains.Anyone got any pics of that?Any other ways of stopping the ball Joints from breaking?,

Eazy

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
i have tried the chains and it does help, but after a while i broke the chain right off the frame. get unbrakeable ball joints. i did that and never broke again. i just wish i would of done that from the start, instead i broke 6 cheep balljoints and bent 3 rims.

·
SYCHOTIK
701 Posts
make ball joints from power balls or pro hopper makes inbreakale ball points

·
Super Triple Double OG OG
22,640 Posts
Originally posted by 4PUMPEDMONTE@Sep 20 2003, 04:36 PM
there is always that....

or wels a bead around the ball joint... in the area where it swivels......, or buy ball joint keepers, and weld them in.......

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
I've had problems with that nut stripping so we just weld the nut up, on these hog diesel truck ball joints (or unbreakables from Napa) and weld a bead around the ball joint. Chains restrict movement which sometimes takes away from the performance of you hop. ;)

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
get them from napa(its the same one hydro shops sell), and weld in some ball joint savers/keepers.

:cheesy: ,

cc

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Originally posted by 4PUMPEDMONTE@Sep 20 2003, 02:36 PM
Pro Hopper doesnt make them, they just sell them at a highly inflated price, pick them up at Napa! I forget the part number on them, but I am sure someone has it. I know it's listed on this site multilple times, but the search feature is turned off right now.
As for pix of chains up front, hit up Hydrota, I believe he has some pix of his! :cool:

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Originally posted by Chris+Sep 21 2003, 09:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chris @ Sep 21 2003, 09:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--4PUMPEDMONTE@Sep 20 2003, 08:36 PM
fucker you stole my avi :angry: :machinegun: :guns:[/b][/quote]
You tell him Chris!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Originally posted by westrides@Sep 21 2003, 08:29 PM
the part number for the napa unbreakable's is 260-1091
Good lookin out!

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I shouldnst Buy The ProHopper Ball Joints?I should get some from Napa?OK Thats cool.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by 77monte4pumps@Sep 22 2003, 03:37 PM
how bad do ball joints break if im onl;y hoppin like 30 inches or less??
BALLJOINTS BREAK MOSTLY FROM HOPPING WITH OUT THE UPPER A-ARMS EXTENDED, THEY STILL SNAP SOMETIMES EVEN WITH THE A`S EXTENDED BUT IF YOU EXTEND THEM AND GET THE NAPA`S YOU`RE SAFE AS YOU`LL EVER BE...

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64+Sep 22 2003, 01:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (badass 64 @ Sep 22 2003, 01:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--77monte4pumps@Sep 22 2003, 03:37 PM
how bad do ball joints break if im onl;y hoppin like 30 inches or less??
BALLJOINTS BREAK MOSTLY FROM HOPPING WITH OUT THE UPPER A-ARMS EXTENDED, THEY STILL SNAP SOMETIMES EVEN WITH THE A`S EXTENDED BUT IF YOU EXTEND THEM AND GET THE NAPA`S YOU`RE SAFE AS YOU`LL EVER BE...[/b][/quote]
ooohhh fuck... anyone wanna buy a set of unextended chromed uppers for a 73-77 monte carlo??

possibly the same arms as many 70's caprices and caddys... :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts