LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought some ultra bright bare metal foil, and i heard it doesnt stick as good, but how did u guys solve that problem????

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its all ready been bought, and i know there is a thread on here about it already, but i couldnt find it

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Look in your hobby shop, I forget what it's called, but they make a little bottle of white stuff that you brush on, it dries clear and tacky and makes the foil stick better. You're better off returning the crap though, personally, everything starts sticking to the glue residue if you use too much.
K. Diaz

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was thinking that it would be ok after a clear coat on top, but imma see if i can get the normal kind, thanks

·
Registered
956 Posts
Originally posted by scans@Jul 27 2003, 12:55 AM
i was thinking that it would be ok after a clear coat on top, but imma see if i can get the normal kind, thanks
i got a good idea, you know the rappers of gum? the foil.. well find a brand of gum which doesnt have their logo on it like (ice breakers).... then start scratching the top of the foil off. theirs 2 peices of foil,, the bottom layer should be wax paper, and the other should be a clean foil with adheasive on the back,,, flattn the foil out and cut it with a razor knife.. and BAM you got shitty chrome!!!!! lol try this it accually works ...

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
What i did on my '67...I took regular household chromefoil....you know to wrap your mommy's made sandwiches in....bought a spray glue....sprayed the dull back of the foil....took the used cardboard back of baremetal foil to stick it on....cut out the pattern and put it on my model.
The stuff is slightly thicker but more durable..maybe you can try it on a 1/24.

But if you wanna use the ultra chrome foil the best thing to do is indeed putting clear over it....got that advise from the guys over here sounds like the best solution. ;)

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
best thing iget to work is thin duct work tape work it in with your finger nail and then cut it where you need to

1 - 13 of 13 Posts