LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got my bare metal and i put it in the spot where i want it but its just not sticking to that spot when i try to cut it... any ideas?

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
ok, this was posted by Bigpoppa last month here goes.......

"Ok, start with something easy-64 Impala door (you could do the whole side trim, but it's more realistic to do trim the way its actually broken up). Cut a piece that's larger than the piece you're chroming. Place it on top of the trim, then use a combination of your thumb, a q-tip and a toothpick to press it on the highest point of the trim. Then start working from the inside out to get it into all the grooves. When you're done, use a super sharp blade to run along the trim-just hard enough to cut the foil, or you might cut a groove into the paint/plastic and if you veer away from the trim, you'll end up with a nasty scratch. If you veer into the trim, stop and either back up or cut from the opposite side. If it's not too bad, you may be able to push the foil back or use a patch on it. Foil is so thin it's hard to tell.

K. Diaz "

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by lowcrome@Aug 10 2003, 07:02 PM
hey mad modeler

can i have the link to your model parts 4 sale?
actually i'm in the works of a whole new website devoted to modeling. but i'll give you the link to the old site. it's kinda got alot of stuff taken down and half assed right now. lol

The Mad Modeler

·
Registered
743 Posts
THe ultra bright looks great but sucks for adhesion, there is a product out there to help, its a glue you apply first its a little messy but seems to work fine, sorry I forgot who makes it, maybe the same company tha makes microsol sovent for decals

1 - 14 of 14 Posts