LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i plan on bare metaling a model,u know the chrome foil you use for trim,around windos etc.

my only question is whats the best way to apply it. i never really used or trued it, any info will help.

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Cut it to size and apply it very carefully some people say use a Q-tip to smooth it down but I never have I find them messy and they leave little hairs all over the place....... try not to touch it to much tho or it can lose it's shine

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
project has a point ! DONT HANDLE after ytou foil ! i always clear over mine ! and the clear helps the shine LOL!

I bit the end of a tooth pick and that takes the piont out and makes it soft and i use it to get the foil into the details ! OH and almost all foil has sticky back ! But if you dont use the foil up right away it will lose the sticky stuff for some reason ?

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds good,
i was told to use a new x zacto blade when cutting and to try and avoid rinkles.

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Originally posted by crenshaw magraw@Sep 6 2006, 11:37 PM~6120505
sounds good,
i was told to use a new x zacto blade when cutting and to try and avoid rinkles.
That ture AND dont press down ! Let the weight of the knife do the cutting ! You press to hard you will cut your paint and when you lift the foil off that you need to it will remove the paint ! BECAREFUL! take a junk body and practice !

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Minidreams Inc.@Sep 7 2006, 04:42 AM~6120530
That ture AND  dont press down ! Let the weight of the knife do the cutting ! You press to hard you will cut your paint and when you lift the foil off that you need to it will remove the paint ! BECAREFUL!  take a junk body and practice !
thanks man ,i'll try on a junk body first

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Firefly@Sep 7 2006, 08:06 AM~6121575
This is a good tutorial on foiling.
thanks,i now have a better idea on doin it.

thanks. :)

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
instead of a toothpick to push it down i use a cuticle pusher. its made out of wood and 1 end has a rounded angled point and the other end has a sharp point like a toothpick. i use the rounded poit for long straight areas like side trim and then the pointed end for getting into corners and stuff like around windows and really small spaces. ill post a pic of what they look like l8r.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts