LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if the can of limco paint says base coat that mean i have to clear over it right??

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Yes

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
yup, you clear all base coats.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but cant you get like a single stage base=no clear??
also if i got single stage would it hurt to clear over it??

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
yeah, i suppose you got me there :biggrin: I would imagine you can clear over it

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
someone on here im sure has to be able to answewr that one...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well the whole rreason behind this question is my friedns got some paint and i dont know if its single stage or not also i wanna clear it because im flakin the hell out of my truck i have silver base and he has the blue i want but i dont if its single stage or not so i was wonderin even if its single stage could i just use it like a base coat and clear over it???

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
I thought you said the can read limco BASE?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Originally posted by Day Day@Jan 11 2004, 02:40 PM
well the whole rreason behind this question is my friedns got some paint and i dont know if its single stage or not also i wanna clear it because im flakin the hell out of my truck i have silver base and he has the blue i want but i dont if its single stage or not so i was wonderin even if its single stage could i just use it like a base coat and clear over it???
you can still clear over it. if it is a base coat you dont need another base coat.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im doing 2 colors silver n blue... i have the silver now i need blue the limco was silver base but the blue is a dupont but im not sure if its single stage...

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Originally posted by Day Day@Jan 12 2004, 02:26 PM
im doing 2 colors silver n blue... i have the silver now i need blue the limco was silver base but the blue is a dupont but im not sure if its single stage...
Is it dupont chromabase or nason or????

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Originally posted by Day Day@Jan 12 2004, 12:26 PM
is this the dupont candy ? if not your putting a base coat over another base coat, thasts what sounds wierd even if it is a single stage it just means clear is added to mixture.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ill look on the dupont can whenever i get a chance by the way my truck will be blue on top silver on bottom

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Originally posted by Day Day@Jan 13 2004, 04:19 PM
ill look on the dupont can whenever i get a chance by the way my truck will be blue on top silver on bottom
you are 2 toning it. okay mix the flake in the paint it will still be flaked out then clear over the whole truck make sure you put the same amount of flake in both colors.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
but will it be ok to clear over a single stage paint

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
I would say let it dry, wet sand it then clear over it

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Originally posted by 64@Jan 15 2004, 10:02 PM
I would say let it dry, wet sand it then clear over it
DING DING DING!!! O dogg has the right answer!!! :thumbsup:

Yes you can clear over single stage paints, but you have to let them dry and cure first, then scuff and clear.

Oh and if you are not sure if that blue is single stage or not?

Well you will after you spray the first coat and let it dry a bit. If it dries dull, then it's a base, but if it stays shiny when dried, then it's a single stage.

Last edited by MyFamiliaCC at Jan 16 2004, 12:15 AM

1 - 20 of 20 Posts