LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM NOT GOOD AT CHARGING ON HYDRO KITS INSTALLS.
WHAT DO YOU CHARGE ON TAKING THE OLD SHIT OUT AND PUTTING NEW STUFF IN FROM THE SWITCH BOX TO THE PUMP'S.
THANKS FOR ANY INFO.

·
Registered
970 Posts
iff it had drolics already you dont have to make cutouts or a bridge just rout some hoses and turn some bolts a little teflon tape 300-500$ sounds goood :thumbsup: if starting from nothing 600 to 1000$ install good prices

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
For a regluar street setup, those are some good prices... Doin some pretty good custom/show quality work you would, of course, want to charge some more...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hey send me the old shit I could use the parts ;) :roflmao:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Originally posted by pumpsndumps@Nov 26 2003, 09:44 AM
That 1000 is labor, not parts
THATS FUCKING ROBBERY!!
SEND ME YOUR CUSTOMERS, I'LL DO IT FOR 400.00 AND HAVE IT BACK IN 2-3 DAYS FOR A STREET 2 PUMPER!!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by stankin85+Nov 26 2003, 01:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stankin85 @ Nov 26 2003, 01:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--pumpsndumps@Nov 26 2003, 09:44 AM
THATS FUCKING ROBBERY!!
SEND ME YOUR CUSTOMERS, I'LL DO IT FOR 400.00 AND HAVE IT BACK IN 2-3 DAYS FOR A STREET 2 PUMPER!![/b][/quote]
$400 is the going rate out of your garage! $1000 is if you have earned a name for yourself! In cali its not uncommon to get juice installed for free.

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
I have never paid for an install. I dont even know any one that does other that the lazy bastards that put up front on the streets...... if they blow a motor on the street, they wont change it until the next day because they dont know how....... me I carry extra everything and change shit on the spot... ;)

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Originally posted by northcoastrida+Nov 26 2003, 02:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (northcoastrida @ Nov 26 2003, 02:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 26 2003, 01:40 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--pumpsndumps
@Nov 26 2003, 09:44 AM

THATS FUCKING ROBBERY!!
SEND ME YOUR CUSTOMERS, I'LL DO IT FOR 400.00 AND HAVE IT BACK IN 2-3 DAYS FOR A STREET 2 PUMPER!!
$400 is the going rate out of your garage! $1000 is if you have earned a name for yourself! In cali its not uncommon to get juice installed for free.[/b][/quote]
I HAVE NEVER CHARGED FOR AN INSTALL, OF COURSE I DON'T DO IT FOR A LIVING EITHER. I JUST DO IT FOR FRIENDS, AND SHIT IF PEOPLE ARE PAYING FOR IT WHY NOT GET IN ON IT! ;) ;)

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Cheap, end of story!! Quality work also!! ;)

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
2200 on the bumper single pump 8 batteries... :biggrin: guaranteed on the bumper that is... :biggrin: that includes partial wrap, belly, pumps, dumps, cylinders, coils, etc... and!!! belly stretch, extended a-arms...

p.s. where in cali do they put free switches? I'll gladly take my car there... I have yet to see in cali/l.a. a spot that doesn't charges to install your system... :confused:

Last edited by Nacho Individuals LA at Nov 26 2003, 01:24 PM

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by Nacho Individuals LA@Nov 26 2003, 02:23 PM
2200 on the bumper single pump 8 batteries... :biggrin: guaranteed on the bumper that is... :biggrin: that includes partial wrap, belly, pumps, dumps, cylinders, coils, etc... and!!! belly stretch, extended a-arms...

p.s. where in cali do they put free switches? I'll gladly take my car there... I have yet to see in cali/l.a. a spot that doesn't charges to install your system... :confused:
They'll charge you for a walk in!!! but family/clubs dosent carge other family/club members! and thats they way it should be.

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by northcoastrida+Nov 26 2003, 03:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (northcoastrida @ Nov 26 2003, 03:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Nacho Individuals LA@Nov 26 2003, 02:23 PM
2200 on the bumper single pump 8 batteries...  :biggrin: guaranteed on the bumper that is...  :biggrin: that includes partial wrap, belly, pumps, dumps, cylinders, coils, etc... and!!! belly stretch, extended a-arms...

They'll charge you for a walk in!!! but family/clubs dosent carge other family/club members! and thats they way it should be.[/b][/quote]
I don't think so unless everybody is helping out!! If it is just one person in the club doing all the work he should get paid! ;) That is his time he could spend with family or other things and he is working or someones car!! Should get a good deal though! ;)

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
I guess it takes about 8 hours to install front and back, hook the wiring, run the front hose, bolt down the pumps. All on the LA, SA suspensions, with coils in the back, (coils under) but you got to put it in writng what you will and will not do.

I say charge per hour, give the guy a minimun and a maximum cost. Make sure he undertands that and has the maximum cash in hand. (alway leave room for when the guy comes back with a BS complaint, sometimes weeks later).

Sometimes people don't really hear the part about it costing more, for these people you got to just tell them the maximum price. Always make sure the guy shows you the cash.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thats a good point (make sure they have cash first!) But you also get what u pay for and for 1000 bucks you'd probably get 1000 bucks worth of fabrication. Friends are different though cause 1 hand washes the other Thats how some of us can make this thing happen. ;)

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Originally posted by timdog57+Nov 26 2003, 05:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (timdog57 @ Nov 26 2003, 05:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 26 2003, 03:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Nacho Individuals LA
@Nov 26 2003, 02:23 PM
2200 on the bumper single pump 8 batteries...  :biggrin: guaranteed on the bumper that is...  :biggrin: that includes partial wrap, belly, pumps, dumps, cylinders, coils, etc... and!!! belly stretch, extended a-arms...

They'll charge you for a walk in!!! but family/clubs dosent carge other family/club members! and thats they way it should be.
I don't think so unless everybody is helping out!! If it is just one person in the club doing all the work he should get paid! ;) That is his time he could spend with family or other things and he is working or someones car!! Should get a good deal though! ;)[/b][/quote]
Yeah doin shit for club and family is all good. But, you gotta eat. Actually most in club installers are trading work for shit they need done. Or doing an install to get their work out there to be seen. Nobody does shit for free unless it is for someone who has your back and is willing to help you out when you need it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts