LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ve been seeing that in some set up's insted of useing cabels to connect the batts togeter they uses a meatal plate are they any good? and how thick sould it be to get good power though them? :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
its copper strap

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
i seen that too

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Originally posted by ketchupBOUNDED C.C@Nov 19 2008, 07:54 AM~12199490
:cool:

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
any conductive metal will work, try to choose something with High Current conductiveness, you can buy specific copper that is designed specifically for this job its called HC Copper, the only trouble with copper is it dulls very quickly so you have to keep cleaning it, Platinum has high conductiveness however and shines like fuck, but is expensive the better option IMO is to make the copper straps as its easy to work with and reasonably cheap then have them chromed and then clean off the chrome at the terminals and have the best of both worlds

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by ketchupBOUNDED C.C@Nov 19 2008, 08:35 AM~12199401
i ve been seeing that in some set up's insted of useing cabels to connect the batts togeter they uses a meatal plate are they any good? and how thick sould it be to get good power though them? :biggrin:

yes its been used... best one to use is a copper strap. anything other than that has more resistance then ur copper wire..... they look nice on low voltage setups

1 - 9 of 9 Posts