LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey peeps, i got a 2 pump setup with four deka batteries. group 31s at 1260 cranking amps. i'm gonna expand my setup to 8 batteries straight across the back of my trunk but when i pulled out two of the batteries yesterday there was battery acid every where. is there anyway i can stop they from leaking or maybe not as much? i want to finish of the truck with some crushed velvet but i don't wanna do it if it's gonna make a huge mess. :(

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
maybe make somekinda tray under the batterys to catch any acid that might leak out??

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know that they have a lil hole in the side. i guess it acts like a vent. i wonder if i cut a small peice of sponge out and superglued it inside if that would work. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
They will always leak, as long as that acid moves around in there and stuff, it will leak through the vent and the fill holes.

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Quick discharging and charging will cause excessive gassing.

Meaning, I would not hop until the batteries drain, then hold a match near the batteries. Don't even try it as a joke. The acid could cause some eye damage when the battery explodes sending acid everywhere.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Aren't Dekas known for leaking, someone said they have a different G31 or maybe its new that the designed specifically for it not to leak, anybody know of this, I know the OGs here have Dekas instead of Trojans because their supposed to weigh more

·
Registered
379 Posts
they weigh alot more i got some But noo leaks yet :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Originally posted by carvr2@Dec 13 2003, 11:20 PM
they weigh alot more i got some But noo leaks yet :biggrin:
Which Dekas are they? Don't they have 3 different types of Group 31's

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by KTownSwangin+Dec 14 2003, 01:01 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KTownSwangin @ Dec 14 2003, 01:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--rollin low in a grand prix@Dec 13 2003, 05:47 PM
batteries exploding is not cool :(
tell me about it :uh:[/b][/quote]
When mine went off, POP, it was in front of two cops about 10 feet away, luckily they weren't trigger happy.

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
ive seen one pop in a hopper at a show...i guess from discharging the gases caught fire from a bad noid...not cool at all

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Build a battery tray and buy some baking soda.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
All battries leak over aperiod of time I have had groupe 24 27 31's they all leak unless u get gell cells but they are not really good for street clowing or hopping not really enough cca............lets talk about the crush velvet maybe u should just let the acid run your trunk.......it looks better than crush velvet hahahahahhahaha 1

1 - 16 of 16 Posts