LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

BATTERIES

6K views 42 replies 18 participants last post by  maymayloc 
#1 ·
just need to know what batteries are the best for hydros. i need to get someone here in aus to sponsor the hopper i'm building, and i wouldnt mind it being the most expensive part of it all.

#2 ·
30 series. Brand preference is to each individuals style, preference, or pocket book. They should be a 12volt battery... Most the 30 series I get actually hold a 14-16volt charge.

The question isn't which batteries to buy, but how to keep them charged to last longer and keep from taking a shit on you.

Slow charge is better- Trickle or low Amp charging.

#4 ·
optima yellowtop batteries are the best deep cycle batterie for hydraulics if you ask me, last way longer than any other brand i`ve tryed and they are completly vibration and shock proof and mounts in any angle, even upside down cuz they are a spira cell batterie...
they allso are alot of $ but let me tell you they are worth it.

#5 ·
Have used many, Trojans, Deka, Standard.
Just make sure they are deep cycle marines.
I use 31 series.

Dvlshtndcy is right about the charging!!!
It's always best to use the lowest Amps setting on your charger, it will take longer to charge, but your batteries will thank you in the long haul! ;)

#6 ·
Hey I gotta question....is it alright to mix batteries? I have 4 standard group 31s and I wanna buy 2 brand new group 31 Trojans. Is that okay? Also, they are selling the Trojans for $108 a piece is that a good price?

Last edited by viznic at Sep 24 2003, 02:33 PM

#7 ·
Trojans for $108????????????????????:0
I gotta rubber chicken for sale for 10 bucks. It'll cook up real nice! I swear!:biggrin:
J/p
That's fuckin outragous! I won't pay over $40 new for trojans.
As for mixing brands, I woulnd't recomend it, but if you had to, only if they run the same cranking amps and are all deep cycle. BUT ONLY IF YOU HAD TO.

#9 ·
Originally posted by sneakyboy1@Sep 24 2003, 09:07 PM
I gotta rubber chicken for sale for 10 bucks. It'll cook up real nice! I swear!:biggrin:
J/p
As for mixing brands, I woulnd't recomend it, but if you had to, only if they run the same cranking amps and are all deep cycle. BUT ONLY IF YOU HAD TO.
Good lookin out homie! Shoot, I was about to get ripped! Imma try to buy'em online but I figure I'd be paying out the ass for shipping, I'll see. Thanks man!!

Oh yeah...you can take your rubber chicken a choke it! :roflmao:

#10 ·
I sggest group 31 deep cycles.

I personally prefer gel cells because the water doesn't slosh around when you hit a switch, which is what I don't like, but people say that the water ones are better for some odd reason - at least that's what MAndo Nunez told me.

#11 ·
Originally posted by sneakyboy1@Sep 24 2003, 09:07 PM
J/p
2nd thought, $108 looks like a good deal. Man every where I looked/called they wanted like 120-145 for them. Where do you get your batts from? A crackhead???? :dunno:

#14 ·
Originally posted by viznic+Sep 25 2003, 11:18 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (viznic @ Sep 25 2003, 11:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--sneakyboy1@Sep 24 2003, 09:07 PM
J/p
2nd thought, $108 looks like a good deal. Man every where I looked/called they wanted like 120-145 for them. Where do you get your batts from? A crackhead???? :dunno:[/b][/quote]
What the hell batteries are you refering to? model number??
That's what you should be paying for gel cels!

#16 ·
Originally posted by sneakyboy1+Sep 25 2003, 09:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sneakyboy1 @ Sep 25 2003, 09:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -viznic@Sep 25 2003, 11:18 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--sneakyboy1
@Sep 24 2003, 09:07 PM
J/p

2nd thought, $108 looks like a good deal. Man every where I looked/called they wanted like 120-145 for them. Where do you get your batts from? A crackhead???? :dunno:
That's what you should be paying for gel cels![/b][/quote]
Model SCS225 Trojan Group 31 12V battery

What model# do you buy? :cool:

#17 ·
Originally posted by viznic+Sep 26 2003, 05:25 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (viznic @ Sep 26 2003, 05:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -sneakyboy1@Sep 25 2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by -viznic@Sep 25 2003, 11:18 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--sneakyboy1
@Sep 24 2003, 09:07 PM
J/p

That's what you should be paying for gel cels!
Model SCS225 Trojan Group 31 12V battery

What model# do you buy? :cool:[/b][/quote]
Actually if I am not mistaken, the SCS225 is a 30 series not 31, but I could be wrong. I'll check on the model number later today when I go out to the shop.

#24 ·
Originally posted by lowrider caddy@Sep 28 2003, 02:43 PM
hey viznic why dont you just take a day off work & come up to pennsylvania & come to deka batterys, we sell blems for 32.50 each & rebuilts for 20..... i know because i work there & i work on the "groupe 31 " line. :cool:
Because for the money it cost to go PA, I could by me some Trojans. No one still has not explained what "blems" is or means. Just mail me about 8 of those rebuilts :thumbsup:

#25 ·
whats a good price for Otima's, i know you guys in the states probably get a better deal but up in canada i got qouted for the red tops for 171.50 cdn which is 126.72 USD per battery, and for the yellow top 217.61 cdn which is 160.78 USD per battery???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.