LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
you need group 31 batteries which have the highest reserve, its the amount of the time the batteries last inbetween charges. Thats what I run, wll there napa batteries becuase i work there but they have done the job, never any problems. Just look up the ones with the highest reserve. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Of all brands I've tryed, Optima Yellow Tops are the best by far.
I got 14 for the 64 and 6 in the Caddy right now, upgrading to 8 or 10 sometime soon. Never had one problem with them either. They are pretty high $ but well worth it, if you're going with low voltage on a street set up and just like 4 - 6 batts, you might as well buy some cheaper ones. ;)

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64@Aug 2 2005, 05:58 AM
Of all brands I've tryed, Optima Yellow Tops are the best by far.
I got 14 for the 64 and 6 in the Caddy right now, upgrading to 8 or 10 sometime soon. Never had one problem with them either. They are pretty high $ but well worth it, if you're going with low voltage on a street set up and just like 4 - 6 batts, you might as well buy some cheaper ones. ;)
[snapback]3526100[/snapback]​
I have a 4 battery street setup and I use Optima Yellow Tops. It doesn't matter what your building, either way the optimas are cleaner looking, and you don't haev any battery mess in your trunk. Now i'm not switch happy, but I drive my car everyday and I can go over 4 weeks without recharge. I'd recommend them to anyone. This is my first setup and I know in the future, i'll always use optimas.

·
Registered
9,196 Posts
TROJAN MILAGE MASTERS...TO ME ARE THE BEST, AND THEY DONT EVER LEAK THAT MUCH.!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Originally posted by carinstaller03@Aug 1 2005, 02:32 PM
i have a hook up at interstate but not sure what battrey i should get
[snapback]3521910[/snapback]​

mhd-31..the best battery they offer :cool:

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by 83Coupe@Aug 3 2005, 03:43 PM
I have a 4 battery street setup and I use Optima Yellow Tops.  It doesn't matter what your building, either way the optimas are cleaner looking, and you don't haev any battery mess in your trunk.  Now i'm not switch happy, but I drive my car everyday and I can go over 4 weeks without recharge.  I'd recommend them to anyone.  This is my first setup and I know in the future, i'll always use optimas.
[snapback]3533151[/snapback]​
;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
thats funny you all say this. I had the chance to go through an interstate dealer's book of batteries when I realized the RCAs of all the batteries. YELLOW TOPS BLUE TOPS BOTH BLOW! The RCA of them is 100-120 hours at 25 amp rate max.... Interstate makes a deep cycle battery, the ones that I'm getting, that have 180 hours of recerve cranking amps at a 25 amp rate.... Now you tell me You can spend 175 on a yellow top and have 80 less drive time or spend 145 on Interstates and have 180 hours of play time..??

·
Registered
20,699 Posts
Originally posted by beyondstockcav@Aug 4 2005, 11:56 AM
thats funny you all say this.  I had the chance to go through an interstate dealer's book of batteries when I realized the RCAs of all the batteries.  YELLOW TOPS BLUE TOPS BOTH BLOW!  The RCA of them is 100-120 hours at 25 amp rate max....  Interstate makes a deep cycle battery, the ones that I'm getting, that have 180 hours of recerve cranking amps at a 25 amp rate....  Now you tell me You can spend 175 on a yellow top and have 80 less drive time or spend 145 on Interstates and have 180 hours of play time..??
[snapback]3540380[/snapback]​
man where the hell u buying batteries

·
Registered
983 Posts
i get the deka groupe 31's,2nds, i work there filling them & capping them, they are brand new, just have a scratch on the case or a slight hook up burn in it, not all the way through. shit i get them for $20 each & they last me for a looooong time, i only had to recharge mine 2 times this year & i play pretty much at shows. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
you only charge them 2 times a year????? Hey id say if you have a hookup at interstate, they make some good batterys. Id go for it!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts