LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you get more voltage to your system? I am running a 1200 kicker mono and 650 kicker. Correct me if I am wrong, I was told that to get the wattage out of the system I will need more juice. So I was told that the yellow top optima would provide what I need. Should I get yellow top or just run to two batteries to power my system?

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
1. upgrade your underhood wiring ("big 3")
battery negative to chassis -
alternator to battery positive +
chassis to engine -

2. check the voltage of your amps with a dmm while the car is running and the system is playing. If it is low you should look into getting a high output alternator.

·
Banned
9,973 Posts
Originally posted by Pitbullx@Sep 22 2005, 06:44 AM~3863573
1. upgrade your underhood wiring ("big 3")
battery negative to chassis -
alternator to battery positive +
chassis to engine -
2. check the voltage of your amps with a dmm while the car is running and the system is playing. If it is low you should look into getting a high output alternator.
:thumbsup: that helped me out a lil too, thanks ;)

·
16,068 Posts
I would go with the red top as opposed to the yellow top for a few reasons. 1. price 2. it's the same battery 3. its a deep cycle battery so unless your going to fully drain it repeatedley, you can save a little $$ by getting the red top. Now if you'll be adding a second battery to the system(like a battery in the trunk) just for the system, then i'd say go with the yellow tops. Power capacitors can usually take care of headlight diming as long as your charging system is up to par.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Sep 23 2005, 09:37 PM~3874596
I would go with the red top as opposed to the yellow top for a few reasons.  1. price  2. it's the same battery 3. its a deep cycle battery so unless your going to fully drain it repeatedley, you can save a little $$ by getting the red top.    Now if you'll be adding a second battery to the system(like a battery in the trunk) just for the system, then i'd say go with the yellow tops.  Power capacitors can usually take care of headlight diming as long as your charging system is up to par.
i agreed with everything you said except for the capacitor... upgrade your big three as stated and look into the red top if your only gonna run one batt for the entire car...

-qs

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
red top for engine compartment and yellow top in the trunk for the stereo. also buy a bigger alternator or have your factory one built bigger and battery capacitors. I run all of this in my car and never have any problems even when the headlights are on.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
***SIGH*** I fondly remember blowing gel out the side of my last Red Top ....lol They're not the same battery, when compared to a Yellow. But hey, whatever. Ive just not had stunning luck with them.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
i have had good luck wit hthe red top, but my system isnt as heavy as yours... when you add up all of my amplified power outputs(amps, HU), i have a 710w RMS, 1360w PEAK system... you guys are pulling that number off with just one sub/amp combo... :)

-qs

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 24 2005, 04:25 PM~3878072
i have had good luck wit hthe red top, but my system isnt as heavy as yours... when you add up all of my amplified power outputs(amps, HU), i have a 710w RMS, 1360w PEAK system... you guys are pulling that number off with just one sub/amp combo... :)
-qs

:roflmao: :roflmao: cant argue with that :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
group 31 optima :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts