LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so last night i hooked up my schumaker multi charger to my batts. red clamp on the main positive , and black on the main negative. i turned the selector to 48 volts pulled the disconnect, and pit it on 10 amps. i heard and felt the charger humming but when i turned it on, the guage on it was in the green. but all of my batts read like 11.XXX under 12v. why didnt it charge my batts? this is the first time this happened, and i NEED to charge my shit. right now i have the caddy leveled out and my switch box unplugged, but the charger has only been used a hand full of times and worked great every time?

is something broke in the charger that i might be able to fix? i pulled out the fuse for shits its a glass fuze, but it appeared to have white paper around the glass, if the fuse was blown i dont think it would have turned on tho....

can any one help me? i paid good money for that bitch and dont really have any spare cash to get a new one. and im not going to auto zone to have them charged f##k that. they are way to heavy to pull out

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
1) never use it on 10 amps, it burns up the insides
2) check the fuse and replace fi need be
3) is it new? when i got mine the red clamp was NOT hooked to the cable at all. so check them both

·
Registered
989 Posts
You can test it easily.

If you have a volt meter, turn the charger on, put the positive on one end the negative on the other and see if you get voltage coming out. Obviously if you have it on 48V you should see 48V on the meter.

You could use a test light, but I wouldn't use it above 12V. Turn the thing to charge ground it to the negative and touch the positive lead of the charger. Should light up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts