LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im asking this question becuase im haveing issues with my pump motors as you can see in other topics, i think that i might not be getting an accurate reading from my charger, and that it might not even be charging them at all anymore, another reason i belive this might be possible is because awhile back my cars alternator was bad, so we had to jump start my car to go get it fixed, we tried using the charges engine start and it woudnt work at all, but when we used another car it worked fine... Another thing is ive tried hookin my charge direct to the motor, and it still doesnt spin, its a new motor, so wtf is going on??? Well if anyone has any experince with battery chargers please let me know how you can tell for shure if yours is fucked up.. aight thanx

G

·
1-800-425-4071

if you need a new charger these guys sell the 72 volt multi charger for about a hundred less than anyone else

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
shit man im going through the same exact problem right now, my shit was at the point where it would lift fine, and then i would drop it and lift it another 2 or 3 times and then it would be fully dead, this is after charging 4 batteries at a time on a 2amp charge overnight maybe 12 hours total... but then i recently tried charging them 4 at a time at 8amps and 12amps and they have been mint for the past couple of days so far... maybe if you have one of these chargers that you can select the amperage try a higher amp... (or a different amp than whatever is not working for you).... or just buy a new charger and try it out and if it still doesnt work return it and get ur money back :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
maybe its not the charger, maybe u have a dead battery between the bank...so try leavin them chargingf for a couple hours and disconnect all the connections on the batterys.. and take it to kragen or an autopart store where they have those good battery testers and see how many volts/amps the batterys have..and if there is one battery that has low voltage/amps..try taking that battery out and connecting it and charging it once again and see how long the batterys last...ive had that problem a couple times already

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have tried putting a charger to the motor before, it doesnt work. Dont know why.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But your motors were fine? Hmm that helps out.. i was woried something was wrong with my motors.. maybe its a bad ground.. What kind of motor did you try it on?

Originally posted by CadilacSmiff@Oct 2 2006, 04:48 PM~6291333
I have tried putting a charger to the motor before, it doesnt work.  Dont know why.

G

·
if the motor is off the pump and in your hand then a little battery charger might have the power to spin it

but on a car were it has to turn the pump head pushing fluid lifting your big heavy ass car... there is no way it will spin if the charger doesnt have enough power

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by classic kustoms@Oct 3 2006, 02:19 AM~6294440
if the motor is off the pump and in your hand then a little battery charger might have the power to spin it
but on a car were it has to turn the pump head pushing fluid lifting your big heavy ass car...  there is no way it will spin if the charger doesnt have enough power

Thanx, this helps, i didnt know if it was safe or not to have it in my hand, ill try this..

·
Registered
794 Posts
just connect the negative on the end of the motor and tap the positive on the lil bolt thingy on the motoro, and see if it spins, but it has to be a good battery charger ..otherwise it will just get stuck cuz it wont be enough power to make it spin...and if it just sparks and smells like its burnt..the motor is a done deEzy

·
Registered
318 Posts
Originally posted by 85cutty@Oct 2 2006, 11:56 PM~6293251
But your motors were fine? Hmm that helps out.. i was woried something was wrong with my motors.. maybe its a bad ground.. What kind of motor did you try it on?
It was a Reds. I cant remeber exactly which one it was but the motor was still on the pump. The motor was good.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya thats what i got i believe,a reds presolight.... And the other is a fenner it works when the charger is on it though..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts