LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does the initial charge on batteries only last a few minutes???

I know the remaining power will last weeks… The initial drop in power sucks… Especially after I spent 48 hours charging all my batteries… 24 hours for each bank of 6 batteries 72 volts at 2 amps

I think next time I am going to run the two banks in parallel and see if I can save myself some charging time

The first few times I hit the switch it was just amazing how high the car got up…

I have two pumps to the nose each drawing 72 volts and 3.5 ton springs with a V-6 in an 82 Cutlass… It might be that I am not very good at the switch but a couple of times I actually slammed the cross-member into the ground… that was when I was jumping the car while rolling… am I holding the dump down too long, do I need to adjust my slowdown, or do I just need taller springs? I've almost got a full stack

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Just gonna take some getting used to it. But if you are slamming the ground, then you are holding that dump too long, cause if you have a full stack, with a V6, you should have some time. I cut my coils all the way, and I still get good action with my buick, but it took some time getting things together.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice... I will definitely look at the slow down and try and get away from holding the dump open too long... Just a bad habit I got into... I always hold the dump open and try to time my switch with the compression of the springs

My only concern is sometimes when I don't hold the dump open long enough and hit the swithch too early I end up hopping the car locked... last time that happened my dump got stuck... and just seems really hard on everything

It's eazy to get a good hop going when the batteries die down a little... but damn yesterday when they had full charge the shit was gettin up with no effort at all :biggrin:

Any ideas on why the inital charge on batteries doesn't last more than a few minutes??? The remaining charge stays fairly consistent for weeks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts