LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to relocte the starter battery when I cut out my fenderwells in the front. I would like to just get an Optima to put in my battery rack with the others for the juice. My question is this, can I get a Yellow Top or Blue Top and run the truck off it and have it hooked up to also work the juice (along with the others)?

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
it probly would work in my head i am thinking one thing but there could be another way you are talking about like lets say running car off the same battery that will be in series with hydro batteries?

charging problems maby overkill on alternater i don't know for certain it just doesn't sound like a good idea

but then again i am not certain

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Yes, it can be done. But it wouldn't be a very good idea. There's a chance in the event of a "hydro mishap" you could fry your alternator... or maybe even the entire electrical system. Technically it shouldn't happen, but sometimes you never know what electricity might decide to do. If you're trying to squeeze a little more power out of your pumps, you could use the car batt to power your dumps and solenoids. Right now, the 4 batt's in my trunk are dedicated to the pumps alone. The fifth batt is being chargd by the alternator 'cause it powers my stereo. But it also handles all 8 of my dumps and all 11 solenoids.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
what about doing it like this.....putting the battery in the rack and just not connecting it to the juice...or possibly disconnecting one from the juice and using it for the start...like 8 batteries two bays..one of 36volts + the starter and one with 48 volts...that way your trunk still looks proportioned

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am not sure but I don't think its like he is gonna run a whole bed full of batteries. He is wanting like a 24 or 36 volt system and the extra truck battery. I thik just relocate the truck battery and build it into the rack and leave it completely wire seperate from the hydros.
Ricky

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
That's what I was saying in my previous post. I have 5 Interstates in the trunk, but only 4 are wired in a series. The other one is for my amplifiers... (and dumps and solenoids.) :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts