LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
came across some batteries today brand new i bought ten for $200 they are ups12-370fr I put a volt meter on them and they read between 18-19 volts but batteries don't say crnkin amps they weigh about 75lbs a battery has anyone used or know anything about these and can they be used for switches the brand is c&d technologies thanks

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I found this. But still don't know anything about these.

Batteries

Looks like they are worth about $240 bucks each.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
charge????? Would it be any different than any other battery same size as a group 31 positive negative done see the problem

·
On prestamped D's
7,293 Posts
uh yeah when they are on 18-19 volts as you said, what kind of charger will you use? Group 31 is just the size of the box, not an indicator of how many volts it carries. But I guess you can put them in series on 36 volts then and go from there.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
They shouldn't be reading that high, I'm PRETTY sure those are a 12v format, there is no odd voltage formats for UPS (I think they use 16v for car audio at one time,but not these)...but since you said 18-19v, I'm a little confused. They would be SLA's also, which usually, not always,but usually means a gel battery, which requires even lower input voltages to charge them. If they are indeed at 19 volts and are indeed 12-370fr's, somthing is wrong...

Are you sure you read those voltage numbers right?

BTW these would have PLENTY of power for you.but I cant get into that too much

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool they are mark as 12 volt so shouldn't have a hard time charging but I was confused also when volt read so high maybe I tested wrong :cool:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
there 100 amper hours 12 volt. expensive

Volt 12
Amps 100 ah
Length 13.42
Width 6.8
Height 9.48
Terminals TI
Weight (74)
Manufacturer C&D
those are ups backup batterys. Sealed lead acid? sounds like it. You can stack sealed lead acid vertical.
The gnb ones I have are for pallet trucks and they mount stacked . sideways or vertical, damn I need to get a new camera

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Originally posted by southsyde64@Jan 19 2010, 05:09 PM~16342625
:thumbsup:  :thumbsdown:
use them Thell work ;)

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
I looked them up, C&D says they make them AGM, not gels like the oem replacements for them are made. you got a VERY good deal (also they are listed at 84lbs)

·
Registered
695 Posts
they are being used by car audio people alot lately as reserve power banks for people that are using competion amplifiers and subs in their cars.

apparently the advantage of this type of battery for car audio usage is that the battery is capable of giving off a higer amount of electricity at verry near dead short circut than a regular lead acid battery.

I use a Kenetic battery in my competion car stereo system because of this reason. the battery puts off crazy insane power at near dead short

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the input gonna put all ten in monte 7 to the front and 3 to the back hopefully not to much juice or maybe 6 and 4 :h5:

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Originally posted by brian84corvette@Jan 19 2010, 10:31 PM~16346148
they are being used by car audio people alot lately as reserve power banks for people that are using competion amplifiers and subs in their cars. 

apparently the advantage of this type of battery for car audio usage is that the battery is capable of giving off a higer amount of electricity at verry near dead short circut than a regular lead acid battery.

I use a Kenetic battery in my competion car stereo system because of this reason.  the battery puts off crazy insane power at near dead short

thats what MOST competitors do not understand. typical wet cell starter batteries have a very low maximum discharge current, low short circuit currents and high internal impedances. A good 900CCA deep cycle agm will beat out those popular deka 1231mf's any and every day. I used to push Northstar USBs, before car audio guys used them and I had a hookup. No one wanted em, now a few guys use kinetics (twice the price) like they are the only option,but you know how it is, some people are stuck on yellow tops,but how many of them did unbiased tests for a multi million dollar company that went thru a pallet of batts by lunchtime?

·
Registered
695 Posts
so did the origonal poster of this topic ever get to put them batts in ?
im curious as to how they work vs regular lead acid batterys....
keep us updated plz

1 - 16 of 16 Posts